32. Zahra's apology.

Zahra quickly realized that he must be with someone. "Alhamdulillah. I hope that office is not stressful today right? Because I won't be happy." She returned poutingly.

"Definitely not. The day became brighter after hearing your voice." Abdul smiled. How will Zahra know that he is sitting with Yildiz and Volkan right now? Yildiz was surprised by the display and wondered if his friend was just acting while Volkan was feeling quite bitter. His relationship keeps breaking and such a beautiful one was making him envious.

Zahra could feel her face heating up even if it was just an act. Did he have to be so direct?
"Uhm, Khaleef?" She asked carefully.

"What do you want my queen, just mention it." He said softly.

Zahra rolled her eyes and inquired, "If you are not busy now, can you come home?"

"I have all the time in the world for you. I'll be right there in a few minutes." Abdul replied.

"Alright. See you then," she smiled and quickly ended the call.

Abdul laughed and stood up from his chair. He looked at his friends and chuckled, "Sorry guys. I had to answer that and I'm needed at home. So I will be back later."

"Seriously Abdul?" Yildiz looked at him suspiciously. He felt like beating that smug smile on his best friend's face.

"Yildiz. Just take care of what you can do. Bye." Abdul slapped his shoulder before walking away.

"Someone is enjoying his life I see," Volkan smiled, crossing his legs.

"Just ignore him," Yildiz snorted.

It was only after entering his car that Abdul frowned. Why was Zahra calling him back home now? And from her voice earlier, she sounded excited. He shrugged and drove back home.

Zahra was in the sitting room and even she didn't know why she was nervous right now. How was she going to start apologizing or thanking Abdul now? It was only now that she brought that up. She heard the Salam and her heart skipped a beat but she was relieved that it was Fadilat. Fadilat came in a sniffed the nice aroma whilst looking at her daughter-in-law suspiciously.

"Today seems special huh?" He chuckled.

"Uhm…I made something for Khaleef," Zahra said awkwardly. "But it's for the whole family too," she added quickly. The young lady didn't know that her face was reddening already.

Fadilat held back her laughter and walked in. She checked the setting and smiled, "Oh. Since it's a special treat for your husband, I will take some pastries and leave you two alone."

"Huh?" Zahra was flustered. Fadilat chuckled at the reaction. "Ya Allah. You two hardly get a quiet time alone. So now that there's an opportunity, I'm not willing to spoil it." She said and called Laila. Zahra helped them package some pastries and they left the house in the name of taking some fresh air.

Zahra was left alone again as she held her cheek shaking her feet. Was this a mistake? She was still in her thoughts when she heard the sound of Abdul's car and her eyes widened.

"Phew. Calm down Ameerah. Just say sorry and thank you. That's all. Oh Allah help me." She breathed and stood up. She opened the door only to be met face-to-face with Abdul. She blinked not knowing what to do and he waved his hand.
"Assalamualaikum," he said.

"Wa alaikumussalam. Come in," she returned and shifted from there. Abdul was skeptical of her behavior but still went in and was greeted with the aroma.

"Hmmm, why do I sense like…." He hummed and rushed to the sitting room before raising the center lid. "Cake!" He exclaimed at the beautiful piece before him. He looked at Zahra who came over and said, "How do you know that cakes are my favorite?"

"Really?" Her eyes shined. "That's great then. I will make some more another time."

"Hmm," Abdul smirked and checked the others grinning. Zahra stood up and took the ice cream from the fridge.

"We got ice cream too." He laughed.

"Yep," she nodded.

"I need to take the company's stuff off my brain first. I'll be back in a jiffy," he added and ran upstairs. Zahra watched him leave and rubbed her face.
"This was supposed to be short Ameerah," she scolded herself. Maybe Abdul was just so excited now that she let him be.

Abdul came down in casual wear and was surprised that Zahra was still standing by the stairs.
"Is there a problem Ameerah?" He asked.

"Uh…" Zahra became lost for words. Why was she standing here again? Even she was puzzled.

Abdul faintly smiled and held his hips. "You called me back home, made all these treats for me and you are suddenly nice. Ameerah, do you need something?" He asked curiously staring at her. He only knew how she looked more beautiful when she was nervous.

Zahra pursed her lips and grabbed his right hand. Abdul was surprised and she cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry Khaleef for misunderstanding you. Sorry." She apologized expectantly.
Abdul wasn't going to miss this chance, so he raised an eyebrow with a question, "Is that all?"

Zahra held herself back and smiled, "And thank you for helping me."

Abdul simply stared at her unblinking making her nervous and upset.

"I've already apologized Khaleef. What do you want?" She huffed.

Abdul muffled a laugh and tugged her hand gently. "You are apologizing to your husband with just words, wouldn't a hug be better?" He said and spread his other arm.

Zahra instantly released her grip and rolled her eyes. "Keep dreaming about that." She harrumphed and went to sit. Abdul shrugged and joined her. "Hmmm, this presentation sounds good too. You should make more mistakes in the future so that you will apologize like this." He told her and she shook her head unbelievably.

Abdul laughed and picked a cookie first, mulling over its sweetness. Abdul had some ice cream and turned to look at his wife who was casually playing with her fingers.
"Ameerah," he called out and she raised her head. "I am sorry too for hiding stuff from you. I should've discussed how to tackle the issue with you."
Zahra nodded with an okay, making Abdul scratch his head at the answer. He cleared his throat and tapped the space beside him. "Come sit here, I need to tell you something." He said and she raised her eyeshadow.

"What is that you want to tell me that I have to sit there?" She asked suspiciously.

"I'm not going to eat you okay? It's a secret." Abdul said with a deadpan expression. Zahra was skeptical but still stood up and sat there.
"Now that's better." Abdul smiled and kept his arm on the armrest. Zahra shook her head at his behavior. They were alone in this house and she didn't like this closeness. "What is it?"

Abdul became more serious and stated, "That man Hector was caught and is in police custody now. After rounds of questioning, he did agree to have tried harassing you before and not the other thing he was spouting in his post." Abdul watched Zahra's expression but she just had her lips pursed tightly. "Did he say who sent him now?"

Abdul shook his head and replied, "He initially said that he was doing it for revenge but later confessed that someone told him to do so. They tried getting the identity of that person but Hector wouldn't budge. From his reactions, the investigator told me that he was threatened. They gave him some time now and we will wait for more updates later."

Zahra blinked and fell into contemplation.
"Who could threaten him?" She muttered.

"I did confront my uncle about this but he just said that he won't stoop that low. He is a suspect and I had him monitored. I do have another suspect." Abdul explained.

Zahra smiled and held the armrest too.
"You mean your new friend, Gulay right?"