44. Confronting miss Rezan.

The moment Fadilat saw Zahra's swollen eyes, she embraced her warmly. Zahra wasn't willing to tell another the secret and Fadilat understood her. They sat down and the woman explained,

"The last time I visited Miss Rezan, her room was decorated with four beautiful paintings and they were signed with the crown, same as Zahra's paintings."

Zahra's eyes widened and she shared a glance of surprise with Abdul. She immediately asked Fadilat about the descriptions and she confirmed it was her long-lost drawings. Zahra smiled bitterly with calculative eyes.

"Rezan said that she bought it at a high price in an auction," Fadilat added.

Abdul rubbed Zahra's hand and muttered, "We will get to the bottom of this but I don't want you to work on your own."

"Okay," Zahra nodded and he smiled.

"We'll support you Ameerah. Don't worry." Fadilat smiled reassuringly. They ate first before heading out immediately.

Rezan's mansion was as guarded as before when the dark blue car stopped before it. The doors opened and Abdul and Zahra came out. He wore a black tuxedo and shades. Zahra had a facemask on and a large dark purple veil around a matching Abaya. They shared a look and she took his hand before they walked up the stairs. Abdul flashed his card before the guards and they created a way for them. How can they stop the CEO of KT company?

Rezan and Gulay were currently in the living room gisting when they received the news. Gulay's eyes shined after hearing the name and quickly stood up arranging her dress. Rezan was surprised and stood too when the couple walked in. Gulay's smile vanished after seeing Zahra with Abdul.

Rezan forced a smile and walked over.
"And to what do I owe the presence of Abdulmumin Kareem Taj?"

Abdul chuckled lightly and said, "It's nothing much miss Rezan. We came to take something that belongs to us,"

"Is something wrong Abdulmumin?" Gulay asked in the softest voice she could muster but Abdul ignored her.

"I hope you didn't forget me right? Old witch." Zahra finally spoke taking down her mask with a smirk on her face.

Rezan naturally recognized Zahra but watching her face made her fume.
"You witch. You are bad luck wherever you go." She spat.

Abdul immediately spoke, "I would appreciate it if you don't insult my wife."

"Oh, sorry Mr Kareem but I hope you understand that this is between me and your so-called wife," Rezan said.

"Right. It's between you and me." Zahra smiled and walked towards the woman staring at her eyes. Rezan was frightened by the look but kept her composure. Zahra stopped before her and said, "It's been a long time ma'am. I see that you haven't troubled my mother at all."

Rezan faced the young lady with her own words. "Are you proving the fact that you successfully won as a good digger to my face?"

Zahra didn't answer and eyed the woman. Rezan wouldn't dare go near Zahra's family knowing that her backer was the Kareems.

"Why are you disturbing my aunt Zahra?" Gulay came over, glaring at Zahra.

Zahra casually looked at the woman and said, "If I were you, I would stay out of this."

"This is also my house, so you can't do just whatever you wish. Crazy woman." Gulay returned.

"You are the crazy one and you know that." Zahra rolled her eyes, making Gulay clench her fist.

"Stay out of this Gulay," Abdulmumin stated and Gulay swallowed indignantly.

Zahra smiled and crossed her arms.
"You made my mother's life a living hell and sent two stupid men to beat me up. Didn't you?" She smiled.

Rezan panicked thinking that they were here to arrest her but Zahra immediately laughed. "Don't worry Rezan. I'm not here for revenge, but something else." She said and walked past them to the walls. Rezan and Gulay were puzzled Zahra's eyes slightly watered after sighting those paintings. They were framed and fixed beautifully on the wall.

Her fingers trembled as she rubbed the middle one before taking a deep breath to calm her heart. Abdul appeared behind her and even he was amazed by them. Zahra must have put a lot of effort into drawing these. He held her shoulder and looked at Rezan with a question.

"I will get straight to the point. Where did you get these paintings from?"

Rezan furrowed her brows not expecting such questions.

"What's with the questions?" Gulay frowned.

"These paintings belong to me," Zahra replied and the two women froze before they looked at each other and laughed.

"Did you hit your head somewhere crazy girl?" Rezan asked amused.

"She's always spouting nonsense aunty." Gulay concurred. "Stop dreaming Zahra. You will be given a ticket to la la land if you can draw one-tenth of this,"

"Do you think that we are joking here?" Abdul interjected. "My wife painted this in a competition but she was kidnapped and her work stolen while the gift was given to someone else. The paintings got lost but who knew it was sold in an auction."

Rezan was dumbfounded. If Zahra was alone, she would've doubted this story but Abdulmumin Kareem Taj wouldn't lie right?

"I won't dig into this issue and find out who stole it and it will be easier if you helped us with who sold it to you." He added.

Gulay saw that her aunt was tongue-tied and interfered, "You need to prove that it belongs to her first. What if she is just lying about it to gain fame?"

"Oh. Of course, that's what you will think Gulay." Zahra told her and turned to Rezan. "I hope that you cooperate and tell us who before all this gets serious,"

"Are you threatening me?" Rezan frowned.

"It's a request but you can take it as a threat if you want, " Abdul returned. " What I want is for my wife's property to return to her."

Rezan took a deep breath and smiled, "Don't worry Mr Kareem. I will send it to you but not now,"

"You have two days Rezan," Zahra curled her lips.

"And in that range, leave our house." Gulay returned.

"It's suffocating here." Zahra chuckled and hooked Abdul's arm. "Love, let's leave already," She pouted.

"Okay, my queen." Abdul smiled at her and turned to leave. Gulay squinted her eyes and watched them leave before turning to her aunt. "It's not a stolen painting right?"

"I bought it from an auction Gulay. Who knows if the seller was a thief," Rezan shrugged.

"I still can't believe that Zahra can paint something like this," Gulay hissed.

"We can never be sure if it's a plan or not. I'll contact Erkan," Rezan sighed and took her phone.

Meanwhile, Abdul and Zahra were driving back home.
"I can't stop saying Alhamdulillah. I thought I would never see them again," She grinned.

"All thanks to Allah indeed. Let's hope that Rezan gives us the information without any trouble," Abdul prayed.

Zahra smiled. "She must have bought it after spending a lot. An auction isn't easy. She will feel pained to let it go."

"The culprits must be brought to light Ameerah," Abdul said. "No matter how much Rezan spent, if she knows what's good for her, she will give the information needed because I'm not letting this slide."

"Aww, you are so sweet," Zahra beamed and stroked his beard.

"You will make me lose control if you continue Ameerah," Abdul smiled wryly.

"Aww. Aww." Zahra giggled and continued as they drove back home.

❤️,