51. Last Ramadan?

Zahra decided to keep Gulay's incident behind her but she did promise to report the woman if such a threat happened again. Erkan had gone into hiding and Rezan was being low-key. 

Together with Fadilat and Laila, Zahra joined the women for Ramadan shopping and planning. They chat about the daily charity work that will be conducted and the places they will be visiting. 

Just as he promised, Abdul called them on the first of Ramadan. Even though he wasn't there, it was better than his absence. The meeting over there was moving well Masha Allah and he was coming back in two days. 

Zahra used this opportunity to pray the best that she could. After all, it was her last Ramadan. She had done great shopping for her mother for Ramadan and Eid and also got Hassan a gift for his hard work. 

They say one should cherish Ramadan like their last but the real feeling comes when you know it 'is' your last. But only a few…are destined to know that feeling. 

The day that Abdul was returning came and the preparation in the house was different. He will arrive before Maghrib, so after they are done preparing for iftar, the women sit down outside on a mat reciting the Quran silently. 

Fadilat could see that Zahra wasn't fully concentrated and shook her head wrly. This was the first time they were separated for long since their marriage and her feelings can be imagined. 

The sun went down completely and the adhan came. The women kept their Quran and said their Adhkar before eating the dates they set down and water. 

Zahra frowned and gazed at the pathway worryingly. Why isn't Abdul back yet?

"Don't panic Ameerah. We are in the blessed month and Allah watches over the Muslims. We've prayed for Khaleef, right? And he spoke with us this morning. So, something must have delayed him." Fadilat consoled her. 

"Let's pray first. He might have branched to the masjid first." She added and stood up. 

"Okay Mum," Zahra nodded. Fadilat smiled and headed inside first. Zahra sighed and checked her phone again. 

"Only if he had called.
," She muttered and started walking when she heard the sound of a car. She turned around frozen as the familiar car stopped and Abdul quickly came out. He saw her and grinned waving his hand. 

"I guess my hunch was right. I am going to meet my wife first." He ran to her and engulfed her in a hug. Zahra was petrified not knowing what was the cost of her reaction. 

"What's with the face? Don't you miss me at all?" He pouted pulling back. 

Zahra parted her lips before slapping his chest. "Why will you suddenly throw your phone away and not call me? Do you know how worried I was?" She ranted, glaring at him cutely. 

"Uh.." Abdul scratched his hair before saying awkwardly, "I wanted to surprise you Ameerah but they just had to force me to branch to the office first. That's why I am late. I'm here now my Queen." 

"Tsk. You always come up with excuses," she rolled her eyes. 

"Come on now Ameerah. We are in the month of Ramadan. You can't be angry at your husband right?" He smiled and she harrumphed. "Did you break your fast?" She still asked and he shook his head. Zahra immediately felt guilty and pulled his hand to the mat. She quickly handed the date to him and water. Abdul smiled happily as he ate and rubbed her head dotingly. 

"May Allah bless you Ameerah." He said softly and she smiled. "Ameen." 

"I have to go and pray first. Tell Mum that I will be back," he said and stood up. 

"When are you coming back Khaleef?" Zahra asked. 

He answered, "I might stay there for Tarawih too. The Imam invited me for iftar." 

Zahra frowned and folded her arms. 

"You know that we organized Iftar for you Khaleef. You can't eat outside," 

"But I can't decline the invitation right?" He said carefully. 

"You don't want to upset them but what about us." She sniffed. 

Abdul smiled and held her shoulders. "Okay, Ameerah. I can offend others and just apologize. There's always time for tomorrow but I can't offend my queen. I will just tell them that my wife is waiting for me at home." 

"And your mum too," Zahra curled her lips and he nodded. 

"See you later," he smiled and rushed to his car before driving away. Zahra grinned as he left, muttering under her breath, "I missed you so much Khaleef." 

Abdul came back as he promised and they headed iftar dinner together before going to the Masjid for Tarawih. They came back and Fadilat reclined to her room while the couple went upstairs. 

Abdul collapsed on the bed and groaned. 

"I guess Mr. CEO was tired from the trip," Zahra laughed and sat beside him. 

"Obviously," Abdul sighed and threw his hand on her lap. "Help me please," 

Zahra kept on laughing remembering the first time he woke her up from sleep all tired like a dead log. She shook her head and picked his arm massaging it carefully. 

Abdul turned his head to face her and said, "From the looks of it, similar meetings will keep coming up and you will have to take care of me when I get back home," 

Zahra just nodded, already knowing that it was impossible. "No matter how stressful it gets, just remember that Allah is your strength and the people you are doing all these for, are happy and proud of you," she said and matched gazes with him. 

Abdul narrowed his eyes before he whispered, "Do you know what will make me feel better?" Zahra shook her head and he grinned. "A warm hug to sleep." 

"Keep wishing for that," she snorted and released his hand. She kept her veil and laid down. 

"I'm your husband Ameerah. It's just a simple request." Abdul whined. 

Zahra ignored him and blocked her ears. He held her shoulders and turned her to him. "Come on. Stop being stubborn." He laughed and held her tightly. Zahra shut her eyes but didn't struggle. 

"Don't you feel better?" He whispered and closed his eyes too. Zahra did miss Abdul a lot and even though they hadn't slept this close before, she found herself wanting Abdul's close presence. She subconsciously wrapped her hands around him with a smile until they slept off like that. 

This month was different from any other she had witnessed in her life and she was glad that she spent it with her new family. It was a blessed and happy month. 

Eid came and they had a large family picnic. After that, Abdul brought Zahra to a place that surprised her. It was the building they first met. He wanted to establish something with it and she suggested a store for female clothes. Abdul agreed and gave it to her to manage. Zahra couldn't reject his persistence and accepted the gift. 

Days turned to weeks and the good days were too good to stay…forever.

Get ready for... a lot.