22. A brewing storm.

A white car stopped by the roadside with Gulay in it. She was clenching the steering wheel so tightly that her fingers were trembling. There was anger in her eyes but she was smiling.

"You have no idea who you are dealing with Zahra." She seethed. If she wasn't holding her emotions back, only Allah knows what she would do.

"Why did he get married?!" She shouted abruptly hitting the wheel again. "This can't be happening. This is my only chance. No. I can't let it go." She shook her head and dropped her head. It took minutes for her breathing to calm down before she raised her head. With her emotions back in check, she caressed her face and took down her sunglasses.

"I don't lose," she smirked and drove away. The white car stopped before Miss Rezan's mansion and Gulay stylishly came down. She was welcomed by the guards before she met her aunt, Rezan, painting her flowers by the window.

"Aunty." She smiled and they hugged each other.

Rezan stared at Gulay and said warmly, "Sorry, I heard. I never expected this." News of Abdulmumin Kareem Taj being married was hot now.

"It's not a big deal Aunty. I just met him and his 'wife'." Gulay said, staring straight at her aunt. Rezan sighed in anger. She made a plan with Erkan to have Gulay seduce Abdul and she was more excited when Gulay mentioned that she knew Abdul, making the mission much easier. He owed her a favor, so they could use that to make him marry her. Being the in-laws of the Kareems will be a dream but the bomb news just had to explode today. And Gulay was on her way over there, only finding out after entering the KT company.

"This is just bad." She muttered.

"Hey, Aunty." Gulay snapped her fingers to her face, making Rezan startled. "Don't tell me that you are giving up so easily."

"What are you going to do?" Rezan inquired.

Gulay smirked and rubbed her chin. "His wife was there interrupting our conversation but I did notice something. For a new couple, they don't seem so close. Hah! It's been a few days since their marriage and it was done in a rush. I am quite sure that it is an arranged marriage and the girl isn't someone known. Who knows, maybe she was paid to be his wife."

Rezan contemplated on the words. It was highly possible because Abdul just needed a wife to keep the company.

"Aunty. Just watch and see what I do. He is married, right? And needs to keep the marriage going. I just need to break that marriage and let that old guy Erkan take the company. I will act as Abdulmumin's support then and be with him. He is still the owner of the company, so we aren't losing." Gulay said with an expectant gaze. Her face became fierce and she said with gritted teeth, "His wife, that Fatmah Zahra. She should just wait for me."

"What did you say her name is?" Rezan asked surprisingly.

"Fatmah Zahra. Don't tell me you know her?" Gulay asked with a frown.

"Just a coincidence maybe. Can you describe her?" Rezan inquired.

Gulay snorted and replied, "Just a sharp-tongued girl with large ugly eyes."

Rezan's eyes widened as she put the pieces together. Zahra went missing for some days and then Fadilat came over and paid that family's debt and now Abdul is married to a woman with the same description as that witch.
"That's her. That peasant witch!" Rezan gritted her teeth.

"You do know her, I see," Gulay smirked. "Tell me more." Rezan ranted all her association with Zahra, painting her all black, and Gulay's smile widened.

"This calls for an investigation. Don't worry Aunty, just let me deal with her okay?" She smiled.

"Won't this be more exciting?" Rezan smiled back. Gulay laughed and walked upstairs. She arrived at a large room and threw her veil down, and her blonde hair fell on her back. She faced the mirror as her face twisted.

Her fingers shook and picked a glass perfume from the drawer.
"I hate you!" She smashed it on the table, making it break. She breathed and held the head before her reflection.

"Fatmah Zahra. You have no idea what I sacrificed for Abdulmumin. I will get him back no matter what!" She spat and started laughing but tears also followed.

…….

Still in her maroon Abaya, with the veil tied as a turban, Zahra came down slowly from the stairs deep in thought. Her encounter with Gulay made her think something was wrong with the young woman. How can someone be offended for a few seconds and smile the next? Her smile was also so strange that it made Zahra wary.

"A'udhu billahi Minal shaydanir Rajeem." She shook the thoughts off and entered the living room.

"Assalamualaikum mum," she greeted with a smile and sat by the dining table.

"Wa alaikumussalam Ameerah." Fadilat smiled back and they dished out the lunch.
"Aww. My daughter-in-law looks so beautiful today. Masha Allah. I wish your husband was here to admire this sight. Khaleef will surely be mesmerized."

"Shukran Mum," Zahra simply smiled.

"I'm sorry for what's happening now. You two have been married for just a few days and Khaleef is busy with work." Fadilat apologized.

Zahra quickly waved her hand. "It's not a problem Mum. I understand that Khaleef has many important work to do." She will be more happy not to see his annoying face all day.

Fadilat hummed and said, "He will be tired these coming days. So be a caring and loving wife. Don't let him think about the company's stress at home."

"Yes mum," Zahra nodded.

"May Allah bless you." Fadilat smiled.

"Ameen."

…….

Abdul didn't come back home until 11:30 pm and he was damn tired. He walked drowsily to the fridge and drank some juice before heading to his room. Zahra was already sleeping soundly on the bed, so he threw his bag and jacket and collapsed beside her.

"So much for having a wife." He grumbled, remembering his conversation with Yidliz before leaving the office.

'You have a wife now and she will be there waiting for you at home. She won't sleep no matter how late and wait for her husband. She will take care of you and all this stress will be gone before you know it.'

Abdul just knew that that idiot was teasing him since he knew it wasn't a love marriage. It was really stressful for him today and he couldn't move a muscle. He soon fell asleep in a mere minute.

The next day, Abdul ate quickly and left before the women came back. Fadilat noticed his behavior for the coming days but kept quiet first. Zahra naturally realized so but shunned it. He deserved it.

Friday came and Fadilat was worried when Abdul didn't come home for Jummah prayer. She asked Zahra to talk to him about it and the young lady nodded. She thought of staying awake but she was on drugs too, so she fell asleep.

As usual, Abdul came back and stared at his sleeping wife. He hissed and fell on the bed from the side.

"I'm gonna die if this keeps up." He grumbled. He raised his weakened arm and tapped Zahra.
"Ameerah. Wake up." He said weakly.