47. Dont leave me.

Zahra simply wore a black Abaya and jersey hijab with a sandal. Abdul came out in casual wear and told her they should leave. He didn't mention where they were going or why but Zahra followed him. She didn't know when she trusted this guy this much.

They entered the car and the silent drive started. Zahra could detect that something was wrong with Abdul but she refrained from asking. Abdul stopped before a fenced structure and they came down.

Zahra read the words written on the gate and realized it was a graveyard. She glanced at Abdul and realized that his expression was solemn. He turned to her and smiled before saying, "Can you wait here for me Ameerah? I'll be back in a few minutes,"

Zahra smiled with a nod before he walked in. She already guessed that he was going to see his father. She sighed and leaned on the car, gazing at the night sky above.

The gentle breeze brushed her face as she took in a deep breath. Abdul told her he was trying his best to contact Shane Gilbert and in the past few days, he seemed worked up and tired. If it was up to her, she would solve this case on her own or let it be. She felt the pain when everything was taken away from her but she gave up on fighting for it. What she wants is to give her family a better life before she leaves this world. Her desire shouldn't matter and that's what she is scared of. Another person is being dragged into this, just like Abdul.

Abdul stood before a grave, written on the monument as 'Ayaz Kareem Taj '. Abdul felt melancholic but at the same time, smiled. When his father passed away, he felt like it was too sudden. He was barely twenty and hadn't spent the time he wished to have with his father when Allah took him away. He always dreamed of working with men and being successful together. He wanted his father to watch him win and be happy with his mother while he took the family responsibility but such is life, his father didn't see his graduation.

"Dad, you missed my graduation. You didn't see how good I passed or the awards I got. I started working with projects I would love to show you, but you weren't present. You knew that I would be burdened with the company and left the best solution for me. I'm grateful for your advice and mother's support too. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have married Ameerah," He uttered.

"You missed our wedding but I don't blame anyone. Allah has the reason for taking you away and we'll join soon. I've tried my best to make your life-earned work stay intact and also keep the promise that I made to you to keep my marriage intact. I made the mistake of destroying my marriage before it even started and I'm scared of it happening.

"Working with Shane Gilbert will help protect us from Uncle but it's dangerous at the same time I want to take the risk to help my wife. You once told me not to be afraid to take risks and I want to do that. Sometimes, I get confused about what decision to make," He rubbed his ear with a frown before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

His wife was outside waiting for him, so he prayed for his father and the others before going outside. Zahra had her hands folded as she kept gazing upwards. He sighed and walked over to her.

"Are you okay Khaleef?" She asked, concerned, when he walked over.

Abdul stopped and held his hands behind him. "I spoke to Shane Gilbert today and he's willing to bring your name back. Same with your school,"

"Then that's great," Zahra smiled enthusiastically.

"Yeah. It is," Abdul nodded and hesitated.

"You know you can tell me anything right? I don't like it when you keep secrets," Zahra raised her eyebrows with a complaint.

Abdul nodded and told her what was going on. "At this point, I have my plans down but I'm still skeptical about what to do. My uncle's plan is unknown to me and I'm not sure if I should follow my heart or my plans,?"

When Abdul got all serious and worried, even his words changed and it made Zahra worried. She pursed her lips and held his shoulders before placing his head on her shoulder. Abdul closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her while she slowly stroked his hair.

"Do you trust in Allah?" She asked softly and he nodded. "Put your trust in him and he'll make things smoother. You've already done your best and anyone can see what efforts you have put into KT company. Being scared of failing is not wrong but you shouldn't doubt yourself because that's the first step of failing. Have trust and faith that you will win and pray. Mum and I will pray hard for to and in Sha Allah, you will succeed. I know I can't stop you from helping me but it still coincides with your work. I'm happy and grateful for your support Khaleef and at the same time…"

She paused and his heart constricted, scared of what she would say.

"Please don't pressure yourself, especially when it comes to me. Focus on your company and the goals that your parents have for you." Zahra added.

"You're part of my goals Ameerah." He muttered. Zahra's hands stopped for some seconds before she smiled wrly.

"We're talking about you now, so focus on that and don't get me involved. That will be the best." She sighed but he shook his head. "You're already part of my life Ameerah. I need companionship and the person with me right now is you, I can't be selfish and let your matters go." He said.

"Don't be foolish and just follow your heart Khaleef. Somethings are not worth it." Zahra replied and he immediately retorted tightening his embrace, "Then don't leave me Ameerah."

Zahra blinked her tears away and bit her lips. Even without a contract ending, the contract of her heart will end soon.

"Ameerah, promise me that okay? You won't leave me." Abdul added silently.

"I can't promise anything," she hesitated before muttering. Abdul kept quiet but he didn't let her go.

He was scared, worried, and insecure and this moved Zahra's heart.
"I promise to stay…for now." She said and he nodded with a smile. "It's a promise." He smiled enjoying her warm embrace on the cool night.

The next few days, a piece of big news blew the media, especially the artist. The fact that a young artist was denied her name shook the art world. Just as Abdul asked Shane, the issue of Zahra being kidnapped by her father was mentioned and he came up with a different reason. The school became a center of attention and those involved felt the case of facing their crimes and justice.

While that was going on, the partnership with Shane was an undercurrent. Rezan apologized to the media for keeping the pieces she knew nothing about with her and returned them to Zahra.

The art institution gladly arranged an exhibition for Zahra together with other artists. It just so happened that the art exhibition was happening then.

From the last meeting Abdul had with Shawn, the man will be coming over to the exhibition and he will announce his investment in KT.