48. Surprise at the exhibition.

She thought that forgetting her oppression was for the best but seeing this day, Zahra felt excited. The old joy she felt before when she took part in that competition, the recognition, the role models, everything came back. She took her time to pick one of her best clothes from her closet.

Abdul had many preparations to take care of the events since KT was part of it, so he left first and a driver was bringing her over with Fadilat. He got two more cars with guards to go with them. Fadilat was all smiles seeing this. It was her daughter-in-law after all and she treated Zahra like a daughter too.

They successfully entered the venue and Zahra called Abdul to ask where he was. After taking the direction, she headed there. The hall was spacious and long with large glasses for windows. Abdul had his back to her in a light silver suit and white shirt. Zahra had lived with Abdul for some months but she hadn't once checked him out and gazing at his side view at this moment, made her mesmerized.

His dark well-trimmed hair and beard, his firm and straight statue, his serious yet calm expression. Her husband was damn handsome. Why haven't I realized this now? Zahra blinked unknowingly.

Seeming to have sensed her presence, Abdul turned around and flashed a smile that could melt the heart. Zahra walked over calmy in her flowing light peach gown and Jilbab. Her eyes that showed through the niqab carried a smile that made Abdul unable to take his eyes off her.

"My queen," he grinned and put out his palms. Zahra giggled and took his hands with a smile.

"Do you know what Khaleef? I am so so happy today. I can't describe it," She grinned.

"Well, I'm, glad that you are. If not, even with this bright day, everywhere will be dark," Abdul said softly looking straight into her eyes. "My wife is the best, all out of the rest. She's my guardian queen, my glamorous princess. You've built a castle in my heart, so come sit on your throne, my elegant queen. Grace my palace with your presence. My life will never be completed without you, my Ameerah."

Zahra could feel her face heating up and she was sure that she was blushing. That look, those words, they all made her body weak. She stepped forward and leaned towards his cheek before giving him a smooch on the cheek. Abdul's eyes widened and stared at her unbelievably as she pulled back. It was through her niqab but he felt that soft sensation.

"Jazakumullahu khair Khaleef. You are the best too." She smiled and hugged him warmly. Abdul smiled happily and hugged her back.

They later joined their family as everyone was there before more guests arrived and the exhibition started. Zahra always dreamed of something like this, so with Abdul by her side, she introduced her drawings. It can't be helped that she got people who wanted to buy them.

She also got the chance to meet some artists and influential people. They took beautiful pictures and the exhibition continued.

Some unexpected, yet expected guests arrived soon. It was Rezan and Gulay. Zahra wasn't too surprised as they knew these people were coming. Even the infamous Shane Gilbert was already in the crowd even though he hadn't spoken with Abdul yet.

Gulay walked over to Zahra with a fake smile and examined the drawings on the wall.
"This is beautiful. And there I thought that you had no talent besides talking," She smiled.

Zahra waved her hand and shrugged. "I'm quite talented in so many places, especially common sense. Unlike some women out there,"

Gulay hid her emotion and harrumphed.

"My goodness, Zahra. I'm really sorry for hiding such art away from the world. I feel really bad," Rezan said with her hands on her chest.

"I'll be stupid if I believe that Rezan." Zahra rolled her eyes. "Stop acting because it doesn't fit you,"

"Oh my. Don't be like that Zahra. I'm willing to bury the hatchet and be your friend. Can't you see that?" Rezan said cleaning an invisible tear.

"Oh really?" Zahra raised an eyebrow. "Good luck with that," she said and walked past them to meet with friends. Rezan watched Zahra leave venomously before Gulay rubbed her shoulder.
"Just let her spread her feathers like a peacock for a while. She will soon feel what defeat and misery feel like," She spat and they both smiled.

Later, a clap brought everyone's attention to the middle. Abdul raised an eyebrow because it was Erkan's doing.

"Welcome brothers from near and afar. I'm Erkan Kareem Taj, the uncle of Abdulmumin Kareem Taj. I am proud to say that I am the father-in-law of the main star of today's exhibition. My daughter-in-law Zahra, " He introduced with a smile.

"Well, I'm sure many people don't like me because they think that I am oppressing my nephew to take away his company but the same people know who the real owner is," He began and sighed, "Nevertheless, being a good father figure, I have decided to let Abdulmumin take over his father's company completely. I am no longer interested,"

Many were surprised and even Abdul was shocked at the revelation because he never expected Erkan to give up so easily.

Erkan chuckled at their expression and asked Abdul. "You are a witness Abdulmumin. I don't take part in your company anymore and decided to focus on my life. Isn't that a better plan?"

"It is but I didn't expect you to bring it up here," Abdul said calmly. Today was Zahra's special day and he didn't want anyone to destroy it.

"Don't stress Abdul. I have a reason for doing so. Everyone will be happy and I want you to be proud of your uncle for being able to stand on his feet and earn glory," Erkan replied.

Abdul didn't answer, which made Erkan smirked.
"There are many business investors here, so I would love to introduce a new friend of mine that I invited to help celebrate with us today." He said and peered into the crowd. "Mr Shane Gilbert, can I have the honor of introducing you to my friends?"

"Well of course," the hoarse voice came from behind and Shane walked to the stage in his usual masked attire.

Erkan grinned and faced the crowd again. "A lot of you must have heard of Shane Gilbert and know of his capabilities. It's hard to get him to work with you but I managed to do so," He pinned a look on Abdul and was satisfied with the surprise he saw on his face.

Zahra was quietly watching and coincidentally saw Rezan and Gulay giving her a triumphant look. Not only did Shane agree to work with them, but he even promised to give them Intel about KT for a price, so Abdul's downfall was just a matter of time and it would affect Zahra too. That's why the two women were here to watch the show. All the big men and women in the gathering will choose to follow Erkan because of Shane's influence.

Erkan was satisfied with how things were going and looked at Abdul.
"You don't need to worry about me anymore Abdulmumin. I will work hard with Mr Shane here and everything will be back to normal. As it should be," He said ambitiously.

"I see that you have chosen that path uncle," Abdul said nonchalantly.

Erkan was puzzled at his calmness but he convinced himself that Abdul was just trying to keep his image.

"That's the best way for our family. I hope you …" he was saying when Shane interrupted him.

"I will take it from here." He said and ignored the man, clearing his throat.
"I think it is much better now if I introduce myself to everyone. I, Shane Gilbert don't just invest in any business I come across but those that will value my time, and here in Turkey, I found something I've been dreaming about. I saw youthful dreams, I saw talent, and I saw great ambition. I love taking risks and I'm sure this one will be worth it. That's why I traveled all the way here to announce my investment in the company. For the coming months, I will be working with the CEO of KT company, Abdulmumin Kareem Taj,"

His introduction brought about different reactions in the crowd as everyone became quiet.

😌

Hehehe
Salam people. Lovers of the Princess of Bloom. I am using this opportunity to appreciate the love that you show this book unconditionally. Keep voting and may Allah bless you all. Ameen.