16. The Nikkah.

Zahra and Abdul left the room like nothing happened and headed for Hassan.
"So fast?" He raised his head and asked.

"Nothing serious," Zahra reassured him. "I want to go back now," she turned to Abdul.

"Sister Ameerah. Wait first," Hassan interrupted and they turned to him. He locked gazes with Abdul and said, "I want to speak with you,"

"What about?" Zahra asked with knitted brows and he smiled at her. "You two didn't tell me about your discussion too right? I just want to speak with my brother-in-law."

Abdul calmly handed his car keys to Zahra. "Wait in the car." She gave Hassan one last glance and collected the keys before walking out.

"Please," Hassan gestured to the table and they sat down.

"What do you want to speak about?" Abdul inquired.

"Do you really like my sister?" Hassan asked seriously. Abdul was surprised but casually nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, but I love and respect sister Ameerah a lot and I don't want her to get hurt," Hassan explained. "My sister went through a lot for my family. She was once our princess but later took the role of the head. She gave up her education for mine. I'm not telling you this to make her look like an angel, but to warn you that even though I am young, I won't let you go if you hurt her."

Abdul was quiet as he watched the young man show his fierce side. They keep saying that she is a great person, why can't he see it then?

"Don't worry. Ameerah will be my wife and I will take care of her and protect her," Abdul said.

"Allah is our witness and everyone will be asked of their promise and family. I trust that you are a good man and my sister will find a happy home." Hassan smiled and gave Abdul his hand. Abdul shook his hand and they stood up.

Zahra who was waiting in the car saw the two men walk over with gift bags. That guy must have bought food. She shifted her gaze as they entered the car too.

Abdul started the car and drove them back home. Hazaan was glad they returned home safely and praised the generous gifts.

That night, Zahra sat in her room, thinking about that contract. Was it right to get married with the purpose of a future divorce? What sin are they committing? She waited until midnight before praying two salats and going to sleep.

The next day, Fadilat sat with Abdul before he left for work.
"It will be better if we keep this marriage a secret, most especially from your uncle, Erkan." She reasoned and he agreed. His father's cousin, Uncle Niljaz who was in Spain will be informed to act as the Waliyy while Yidiz's father, Mr. Hamdan will be the witness.

As for Zahra, her brother was mature enough to be her Waliyy. They will just ask her for her witness. Coupled with a few friends, the nikkah will be secluded and short. As the prophet said, it was the best marriage. A marriage with a few people involved.

Zahra was asked and Firdaus informed her father who agreed to be the witness. Her uncle, Ozden was kept in the dark. They finally agreed to hold the marriage on Saturday.

Abdul was met with 'trouble' at home as his mother forced him to go shopping for his new wife-to-be.
"Buy her the best clothes you can. Her wardrobe needs to be, Masha Allah. If you pick ugly colors and designs, you will return them," Fadilat warned seriously.

Abdul was put on the spot. How was he going to know a woman's taste?
"Mum. Why don't you go with Laila?"

"Because I don't want to," she said simply, making him speechless. "She will be your wife, so you just have to imagine what will look best on her and what you like. That's all."

Abdul clenched his fist and grabbed his bag, leaving the house. Fadilat laughed watching him leave and she went on searching for a perfect wedding dress.

Meanwhile, at the bride-to-be's house, Zahra originally didn't want anything to happen, but Firdaus met with Melis, who just come back and decided for a sleepover on Friday. As they call it, the last girls bond.

  "My best friend is getting married to one of the best bachelors in Turkey. Abdulmumin Kareem Taj. Oh, we are so lucky." Fridaus said with infatuation.

Melis who was beside her agreed with her. "Won't that make me the cousin-in-law of the Kareem Taj family?" The young lady had glasses and dark orange hair. Sitting in their pajamas, they kept rambling about Zahra's future life.

Zahra just held her chin watching them. If only they knew.

"Wait." Firdaus grinned and rushed to Zahra's wardrobe. Melis quickly went after her. The two started fighting over Zahra's clothes. She didn't have a sister, but friends! Crazy ones.

"Come on Melis. You are not a Muslim, so you can't take this hijab," Firdaus grumbled as she and Melis pulled a peach-colored hijab. Another reason Uncle Ozden couldn't be Zahra's Waliyy was because the man was a Christian, and so was his daughter. But Melis was still close to Firdaus and Zahra, despite their religious differences.

"I don't see you using the hijab like Zahra. But I can learn to wear one. So give it." Melis whined.

Firdaus gasped and Zahra finally broke into laughter. "You might be a bride but you can't laugh at me." She pouted, pointing at her.

"What she said is true." Zahra shrugged. Firdaus puffed her cheeks and threw the hijab at Melis, who grinned widely.

"I hate you two," Firdaus harrumphed and sat down.

"And we love you," the two returned.

"Go say that to your husband," Firdaus glared at her best friend, making Zahra roll her eyes.

"Tell us more about your fiance." Melis nudged Zahra curiously.

"I don't know…. anything," Zahra said and covered her head with the duvet.

Firdaus pointed at her and said to Melis. " She hasn't gone to his house, but she has forgotten about us already."

Zahra took her head out and hissed. "You know what Firdaus? You need a husband."

"You are so right sis," Melis agreed.

Firdaus really felt like crying. "Stop turning the tables to me!"

The wedding day came and everyone was getting ready. Before Zuhr, Firdaus had come over to help Zahra dress up. Fadilat had sent a full set over and they decked her up in it. A car was also sent to the house with a driver. The nikkah was going to take place in the masjid.

After dhur prayer, Abdul together with the Imam, Yidliz, and his father sat in a secluded room. Mr Omer and Hassan then came in and sat down too.

Meanwhile, at Zahra's home, she sat with her mother in the living room. She was dressed in a beautiful dark brown gown with golden embroidery. A turban was styled on her head and added with the golden accessories, the young lady looked like the beautiful bride she was.

It didn't take long before Hassan's call came in that the nikkah was finalized.
Zahra matched gazes with her mother, who smiled in relief.

"Alhamdulillah," she cried and hugged her daughter tightly. She then held her hands and spoke softly.