£15 - lily jane, i'll do anything for you

✞ £ ✞

Have you seen someone so pretty your world stopped? So breath-taking that your eyes were glued on them when you first saw this person? And if they're the only woman out there for you to see, you won't complain?

Lily Jane.

She isn't just beautiful. Since I met her, she has become the standard of what beautiful means to me.

Meeting women instantly panics me. Not only because of the therapy I went through but because the only woman I was exposed to was my mother. In the church my family is affiliated to, women are usually told to stay at home. And after I was sent to the convent, I wasn't allowed near any woman, even my cousins. They don't trust me even though I did not do anything. So, to see if I really changed, my parents gave me a test. 

Attending Claremont was my test to see if I really changed.

I was determined to pass their test and to show them that I am not what they call me. But when I first laid eyes on Lily Jane, I knew I had already failed.

And what's worse is most of the time, I feel no remorse and would desperately find an excuse so I won't feel guilty.

"Welcome to Claremont!"

Natulala ako no'n. She was among the people who were there greeting the freshmen like me. Ang laki ng ngiti niya and it brightened up her face. At nakatitig siya sa akin as she hands me a flyer. My hand held the flyer but my gaze never left her.

I was so afraid to take my eyes off the ground as I walked inside the school, leaving behind my parents who drove me here. I was only looking enough to see where I was going. I felt that time that if I looked, I'd be damned even more. Isang tingin lang, nagkakasala na ako.

But that was until I was greeted by her. Huminto siya sa harap ko and she held out a flyer to me. I panicked so I looked.

I don't know if I should regret that decision or celebrate it.

Because of that look, I found the most amazing lady I could ever possibly meet. And at the same time, because of that look, I know I'll be damned for the rest of my life because of my own choice.