£22 - lily jane, i just wanted to swim ⚠️

NOTE: Hi for the second time. I just want to warn you again that what you are about to read may come off wrong to some people. I kindly ask you to please read this chapter with an open mind and understand where Ali is coming from. Anything in this chapter isn't meant to put religion, especially Catholicism and Christianity, into a bad light. It is not the religion that is wrong here. And by the end of this chapter, you'll know it's the people. Please don't hate on Ali and his decisions that he made and will make because of his trauma. And if you find this chapter disturbing and wrong, please do correct me.

TW: Mentions of the word r@pe, hate speech, suicidal ideation, abuse, and violence.

✞ £ ✞

They told me I was a rapist. Now, I have another name: murderer.

"Ali, you did so well!" my mother rejoiced. "Top 1 again?"

I couldn't contain my smile any longer because my cheeks were hurting. "Thank you, Mom."

"You did well, son," it was my father this time who patted my head like how he always does since I was a child.

I looked down on the medal hanging from my neck and the certificate that came with it. I thought I'd lose the chance of getting this award. Ang hirap pa naman daw ng highschool, most people said. Yeah, it was hard but I also worked hard. That's why I was able to keep my rankings in my batch here in my school.

"Now, let's go to church and pray, okay?" Mom held my shoulder, giving me a smile. "We have to thank God for what you received today."

Still beaming, I answered. "Okay."

Before we left school, Mom made sure to make a trip and greet my teachers. She knows all of them since they are also from the church. Our community is so small everyone knows everyone.

"Hi, Mrs. Wy, Mr. Wy," my adviser, Miss Mylene, greeted my mother when we approached her. "How are you?"

"We've been great, especially today." Mom glanced at me so Miss Mylene did too. I gave her a smile, nodding my head respectfully.

I stood close while my mother and father exchanged pleasantries with my teacher. They talk mostly about school and my performance. My adviser gladly told my parents what I've been up to in class and some other things that my adviser knows would interest my parents.