£25 - lily jane, i'll be there

✞ £ ✞

As I finally arrived at the parking lot of the school, I glanced at the time again. I hurriedly drive here even though it's dangerous doing so. I just want this to be over. And I don't want to leave LJ any more than I should at that party. Even though there are lots of people there, I still can't trust anyone, even Lysander and Vivaldi. We blackmailed them so I don't trust them as much as they don't trust us. But I hope they decide to be good people tonight.

I parked the car in the almost empty parking lot. Since it's already summer, the usual parking lot with lots of cars is now a rare sight.

I turned the engine off, taking my cap off, and hopped off the car. In the distance, just a few meters away from a lamppost is a girl puffing a cigarette. Now being night gave her confidence in doing her business, especially with me only as her audience.

"Hey," I greeted her, making her look away from the parking curb she's sitting on as she finished her smoke. I stopped in front of her, making her look up at me. "Thanks for coming, Farad."

The girl two years my senior stood, inhaling the last bit of her cigarette and blowing the smoke. "I didn't come here because I wanted to, so don't thank me." She flicked the cigarette butt to a distance, giving me a sharp look. "Thank Vivaldi for using his position as the director's son."

I watched her grumpily taking a pair of gloves from her pockets and putting it on her hands. She tossed me another pair which she made sure would land on my face. She and LJ have the same degree of hate towards each other and she's projecting it on me.

I put the gloves on before I walked after her. She got her camera, which is hanging from her neck, ready as we make our way to the Architecture Department.

"Why are you two obsessed with finding the thief of LJ's work?" she asked, still currently busy with her camera.

My brows furrowed at the seriousness in her voice. It sounded like a joke because of how ignorant it is. I turned my eyes to the lampposts we pass by as we walk on the cobblestone path of this campus.

This is why LJ hates her and the Committee a lot.

"Because if we don't, we'll be the one suffering," I answered.

I get why she doesn't know why we're doing this. Si Lysander at Vivaldi lang kasi ang nakwentuhan namin about our involvement in what happened with Angel and how finding any evidence against Pierce would mean our innocence.