Chapter 11

I went to sleep the next night a little wary and mentally tired. I was afraid of having Nightmare show up again.

I opened my eyes, blinking a little. I was somewhat disoriented simply because I didn't know where I was yet.

I sat up, looking around. I did recognize the location. It was Error's place.

I looked up to see Error looking down at me with distaste. "Must you keep showing up here?" He grumbled.

I'm sorry, really. I don't have control over where I show up now that the chains are gone.

"How did you get them off in the first place?"

Dream. He shot it with an arrow of pure positivity. It somehow broke the chains.

"Okay...well, can you leave now?"

I looked at the perpetual sunset in the distance. I'd need help leaving. I can't make portals or snap my fingers to appear in a different place.

Error sighed. "I've got to do everything around here..."

He got down from his string swing and made a portal. Without any other words, I went through and it closed behind me.

Not a guy of many words, it would seem... I muttered, looking around. At first glance, I realized I was back in the park of the main timeline. I frowned. My last few go-arounds here weren't exactly the most pleasant memories, although those paled in comparison to what Nightmare showed me.

I shook my head, dispelling the thoughts. I didn't need to be thinking about that right now.

I walked slowly through the park, taking in the nature of it all. There was no one around, although, with the battle that had ensued several days ago, I wasn't surprised.

I walked through the trees and emerged out onto a street, my eyes going wide at the carnage.

Bodies of monsters and humans alike hung between the buildings, strung up like Christmas decorations.

I jumped as some of the bodies fell to the ground, although they sustained no damage. With zombie-like movements, they stood, turning to me.

I'm not dealing with this! I exclaimed, turning and jogging down the street away from the black and purple zombie things.

They didn't seem to follow me at all, which both relieved and concerned me.

I jogged for a little while longer through the streets, noting fewer but still present hanging bodies all over the place. You call this the beginning of a perfect world...? I whispered, appalled at what XGaster would do to make his "perfect world."

IT'S WHAT MUST BE DONE.

AHH DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!! I exclaimed, turning to see XGaster floating from the trees beside me. I elected to keep jogging down the street and away from XGaster.

Of course, he proceeded to float at the same pace I was jogging, seemingly unconcerned about anything.

SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK HERE, HUMAN? I'D THOUGHT YOU'D BE LONG GONE WHAT WITH THE CHAINS NOW OFF.

Oh, you know, going for a jog, taking in the sights, wondering what the hell is wrong with you. The usual.

I was starting to breathe a little faster, both from the consistent jogging and my nerves. I glanced back behind us out of a habit I'd long since formed and winced as the rest of his little group were easily following.

So, uh...you're not gonna put those stupid chains back on me again, are you?

I SEE NO REASON TO.