Chapter 15

The next night, I went to sleep in the hospital bed uneasily. As I expected, I immediately awoke in the Omega Timeline, the bright light no longer bothering me. My neck still ached from the freaking collar, but the headache was gone.

I sat up from where I'd been lying on the ground and looked around me. Core Frisk and Dream approached me, looking worried. "Y/N! What's happening to you in your world?" Dream asked immediately.

I stood up and stretched, twisting my neck slightly. A lot. Let me explain...

I proceeded to tell them what had happened in my world upon awakening. They grew more and more worried over the course of my explanation.

"Brain-dead??" Dream exclaimed. "Y/N, that's extremely dangerous!"

I chuckled humorlessly. I know. But...it's been a couple of weeks or so since this began happening and I haven't lost any cognitive functions or motor control or any of the important stuff.

"For now, at least..." Dream said with concern.

"It's a good thing your injuries were gradual." Core Frisk said.

Yeah, but at this rate, if I don't stop coming here, I'm gonna get unfortunately popular among doctors in my world, and I really don't want that. The last thing I need is the inability to do my own thing in multiple universes...

I shook my head slightly, sighing. Well, I'm not sure how long it's been since I left here, but I should probably get back to...uh, Nightmare before he gets angry again.

"You really want to go back...?" Dream asked quietly.

Honestly? Not particularly. I'm already a negative being; being surrounded by more negativity just makes me feel worse. But I'll do what I must to help your brother in any way I can. Even if I have to be a source of negativity for him to survive.

Dream looked at me sadly and then hugged me, startling me. "Be careful, please..."

I chuckled genuinely this time. Of course. I always try to be careful, even when reckless.

He stopped hugging me, looking worried again. I smiled at him and turned around, walking along the path toward the edges of the town.

I narrowed my eyes slightly hearing the chains clinking behind me as I walked, partially bothered by them. I didn't think too much about it, though.

As I reached the edge of the town, I looked out, noticing the small field off in the distance. It was the same field I woke up in a while ago just before having that battle with Nightmare.

I sat on the ground, simply watching that field. I closed my eyes, wincing as I remembered how the shadows felt as they overtook my soul. It was...not necessarily painful. It was more uncomfortable, yet at the same time...it attempted to be comforting. Like a cold embrace of a hug.

I remembered how helpless I felt watching Dream get attacked by Killer. How useless I felt...

I felt the sorrow blooming in my soul and sighed, hugging my knees. That should be enough...

As expected, a few moments later, Nightmare appeared beside me, his tendrils waving around slightly. You were pretty useless in that fight, weren't you?

I never said I was a good fighter. I've got 21 years of life under my belt, not 5+ centuries or just innate fighting skills.

Hmm.

I sat quietly, simply looking out over the white void surrounding the Omega Timeline.

After a few silent moments, Nightmare turned to me. So...are you ready to leave, human?