CHAPTER 5

AADAYA'S DREAM

Amidst the chaos and devastation, a numbing sensation enveloped my entire body. A monotonous, persistent beep resonated in my ears, drowning out the world's horrors. Everywhere my gaze swept, pandemonium reigned. The air was thick with screams of anguish, cries for help, and mournful wails that seemed to emanate from all directions. It was as if every inch of the world had been consumed by an all-consuming fire.

In the midst of this bloody turmoil, an ethereal child lay, slowly regaining consciousness after a brutal blast. Her clothes were tattered, blackened by the ash-filled air, and her long, beautiful hair, despite being greasy, still radiated an innate, otherworldly beauty that defied the chaos around her. People rushed past her, each one focused solely on their own survival, oblivious to the ethereal being stranded amidst danger.

Tears stained her unmistakable face as she gathered her bearings, and a realization dawned in her beautiful, doe-like eyes. With sudden determination, she rose to her feet, her voice quivering as she called out, "Mom... Dad..." in the midst of the engulfing turmoil. Unaware of the peril surrounding her, the ethereal child began to venture further into the heart of the fire, her every step causing the flames to part, as if they were obediently clearing a path for her.

With an otherworldly aura, she moved forward, seemingly untouched by the searing inferno. It was as if she were a celestial being herself, walking through the flames, unharmed and unafraid. Her presence seemed to command the elements, and the fire obediently parted for her, as if it were her loyal companion.

Emerging from the inferno's raging tempest, she cast her gaze across the arena, a vision obscured by billowing smoke. Her eyes widened, torn between awe and horror, as colossal wolves, grotesque and otherworldly, descended upon the hapless crowd. In an unholy frenzy, these monstrous beasts rent flesh from bone, heedless of the anguished pleas that pierced the smoke-shrouded air.

The ethereal child, trapped in a nightmarish reverie, bore witness to her own kin falling, each soul claimed by the merciless predators. From all quarters, the wolves closed in, their malevolence darkening the realm like agents of an unfathomable abyss, a trail of unspeakable destruction trailing behind them.

Then, a pivotal moment, when one of the ravenous wolves turned its malevolent gaze upon the child, its growl laden with the vile stench of blood, droplets dripping from its maw like a rabid demon. It advanced, unwavering, upon its small quarry, driven by a singular purpose: to extinguish life.

Yet, salvation arrived in the form of an unlikely savior, who seized the child and fled with a burst of speed. But as the child glanced back, a horrific tableau of carnage met her eyes, the very essence of humanity torn asunder by the relentless jaws of these relentless predators. The pursuing wolf, fueled by a primal ecstasy for the hunt, chased with a savage enthusiasm, relishing the terror of the pursuit.

They ran with desperate haste until an ill-fated stumble sent both child and protector sprawling. In that moment of cruel happenstance, the predator closed in, pouncing upon the fallen with grisly intent. The snap of bone and sinew rang out, and the lifeless remains of the protector were tossed carelessly into the blazing inferno.

The blood-soaked wolf turned its malevolent attention back to the tear-strained, shock-ridden child, its guttural growls filling the air as it stalked ever closer. Teeth, bared like daggers, closed the distance one agonizing step at a time. The child, a statue of helplessness, stood frozen, unable even to offer a whispered prayer. And then, in the culmination of this macabre dance, the wolf sprang forth, a nightmarish specter of death descending upon the child.