CHAPTER 29

Aadaya reclined on the opulent sofa, an observer to the tumultuous clash between Desmond and Saddie, a spectacle reminiscent of feline and canine skirmishes. Saddie, perched over Desmond, delivered sharp elbow strikes, while his long arms retaliated by entwining in her hair. Unperturbed, Aadaya leisurely sipped her juice, the raucous display unfolding before her.

Beside her, Chris sought cookies and engaged in the revelry of the spectacle. The duo relished the circus-like confrontation, which had persisted for the past five minutes. At one juncture, Chris even attempted to wager with Aadaya on the outcome, provoking her to the point where she had to silence him with a well-placed hit.

They occupied the grand parlour of the royal villa, the sanctuary of the Satvana clan, deemed the most secure enclave in the vampire kingdom. Seated there, they awaited her uncle, Saddie's father, the reigning monarch of the Satvana clan. The room served as the backdrop for their entertainment, courtesy of the UFC-worthy clash transpiring before them.

Desmond yanked Saddie's hair forcefully, eliciting a cry of pain. She, in turn, demanded her release, momentarily shifting the tide of the skirmish. Swiftly, Saddie evaded him, claiming refuge on the couch with the TV remote in hand. Holding the coveted device above her head, just beyond Desmond's grasp, she declared, "You'll never get this remote, Desmond! It's mine, all mine!" with a triumphant grin.

Chris, seated beside Aadaya, extended a bucket of popcorn, offering, "Want some?" His inexplicable possession of the snacks hinted at his magical prowess. Shaking her head in denial, she refused his offer, engrossed once again in the WWE-worthy spectacle unfolding before her eyes.

With a war cry, Saddie leaped over Desmond from atop the couch, coinciding with a loud scream. Unaware of the impact, Aadaya attention was interrupted by the Lord's commander, Charles. "Alpha Valanke, Lord Satvana requests your presence," he intoned with robotic precision.

Before her stood a figure with a mop of pitch-black curly hair, appearing seemingly in his teenage years. His posture exuded strength, defining his status in the eyes of the Lord. He was one of the most trusted commanders of the Satvana clan, and despite his apparent youth, his age spanned eons—an aspect Aadaya could never forget.

Even the most composed individual couldn't ignore the chaos unfolding in the parlour behind Aadaya. Lord's commander Charles wore a deep frown as he observed the future heir of the clan, engaged in a wrestling match like a child.

Aadaya approached him, gesturing with her hands. "Show the way," she commanded. Charles turned and glided across the floor, there footsteps the only sound audible to Aadaya as she followed him through the dim hallways of the castle. The towering windows in the ceiling provided a view of the cliff drop beneath the hill, where the eerie castle stood amidst stormy weather, desiring the life of anything that dared to contact it. The unending abyss beneath and the enveloping night induced a sense of unease, causing even the most stoic to break into a cold sweat at the thought of stepping outside the castle.

As Aadaya followed Charles, he came to a halt beside large doors, opening them for her. She entered to find a vast office space with a sky-high ceiling window overlooking the cliff. Walking on the glass floor, she peered down into the abyss, advancing further into the suspended-in-the-air office. The entire room was shrouded in darkness, with only burning embers in the chimney providing the office's dim light and warmth.

Before her, a high-backed couch faced the fire, its occupant with a stoic posture, shrouded in shadow, dominating the room with an ominous presence. The occasional flashes of lightning outside painted an eerie tableau in the otherwise pristine and horrifyingly beautiful office room. The clouds clashed, thundering as the sole symphony in the room, only to plunge into an eerie silence each time. With every step she took toward the chair, her heart halted.