CHAPTER 17

Aadaya stood in front of an array of screens, where countless lines of code and data scrolled rapidly. Chris, her trusted tech expert, was hunched over a keyboard, typing furiously. Feeling a bit restless, Aadaya decided to take a break. She walked back to the pristine white sofas and settled into the love seat, with Saddie sitting across from her.

Saddie looked effortlessly elegant in her crisp white shirt and red pants, her attention focused on important reports. The spacious room was bathed in natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows that offered a breathtaking view of the city, the forest, and the sea. Despite their exhaustion from back-to-back meetings, they knew there was more work to be done. Their company operated smoothly, but regular meetings were essential for effective business management.

While Saddie delved into the background history of the man Aadaya had fought in the facility, Chris sifted through the hacked data from the facility's servers. The volume of data was staggering, making analysis a daunting task. Terabytes of information and complex encryption made Chris's job even more challenging.

Aadaya observed her friends, both fully engrossed in their tasks. Their professionalism and dedication reassured her. They were reliable, responsible, and fiercely loyal, qualities she valued immensely.

Just as Aadaya was lost in her thoughts, Chris called out, "Guys, you need to see this." His tone sounded urgent, causing both Aadaya and Saddie to walk over to the screens.

Chris, visibly nervous, spoke up, "The hacked data I worked on, I've condensed it. Domious got lucky, and he also had information about us. Someone tipped him off about you when you joined the pack. He suspected you would come after him, which is why he had top-notch security."

Saddie, upon hearing the news, unleashed a string of colorful curses while slamming her hand on the table. Aadaya, her eyes fixed on the screen displaying footage from Domoius's party on the night of the attack, took a deep breath. Trying to keep her composure, she asked, "Is there anything else?"

Chris, his eyes glued to the screen, continued, "About Damein and the pack warriors arriving at the facility, they received a tip from someone. I looked into it, and found someone anonymous messaged the council member, Fernandoz. They had been tracking down the culprits from your pack for a while. The team consisted of warriors from different packs. I gathered this information by hacking into the details of various packs and council members. This anonymous person send him information regarding everything about Domious and also gave a hint to them about us. We were lucky that we started the plan just a bit early. We had been tricked the anonymous knew everything from the start."

Pushing his glasses up, Chris turned back to the screen and added, "Furthermore, about Domious, he received funding from the Brar brothers around the same time the incident occurred eleven years ago. That's how he established the entire company. Before that night, he had provided information to the Brar brothers. I also discovered that your father had complete trust in him, as they finalized a deal just one month before the incident. That's how he had information about your pack."

A heavy feeling settled in Aadaya's heart as she absorbed the information. It felt like the weight of everything she had buried inside her was resurfacing, and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. Saddie watched her friend, her concern evident, as Aadaya clenched the seat, her knuckles turning white.

Chris continued, "Additionally, it seems he was deliberately exposed through the investment he made. Someone threw him under the bus, knowing we were searching for him all along. The day he invested in the dummy company, he received the details in the morning, sent by someone."