CHAPTER 7

In that fateful moment, a tempest of bullets poured forth from the heavens, their metallic cacophony intertwining with the relentless drumbeat of rain—a sinister overture heralding the imminent waltz of death. Amidst the raging storm and the foreboding shadows, I braced myself for the morbid ballet that awaited, fully aware that the abyss would soon claim its own...

The sentinels stationed atop the watchtower began to topple one by one, their balance lost to the merciless onslaught. Their lifeless forms descended like grim offerings, swallowed by the abyssal night, their fall masked by the ceaseless downpour.

Unseen and unnoticed amidst the shroud of night, a harbinger of doom prowled. The night bore not only the tempest but also a ruthless vendetta, led by a lethal marksman. The fallen sentinels made no sound, engulfed by the cacophonous storm at its zenith.

From her covert vantage point behind the jagged rocks, Aadaya observed the flickering lanterns in the watchtower extinguished one by one. She embarked on her treacherous journey through the labyrinthine darkness, enshrouded by the relentless rain that showed no sign of mercy.

Aadaya advanced with a calculated gait along the concealed paths between the craggy outcrops. Suddenly, a lifeless form plummeted from the watchtower above, landing mere meters away. She halted, her weapon aimed at the body, anticipating any flicker of life. A feeble groan emanated from the slowly stirring corpse, prompting her to pull the trigger once more, silencing it as she continued her sinister procession.

Deeper into the winding, shadowy maze formed by the rocks, Aadaya ventured. Her advanced goggles pierced through the stygian shroud of the stormy night, battling against the deluge's attempt to obstruct her nefarious mission. The goggles guided her through the inky labyrinth, while the thunderous clouds intermittently unveiled her surroundings, offering brief glimpses of her path.

The entire terrain seemed haunted, the shadows cast by the serrated rocks taking on a macabre sentience as if they conspired against her every move. The uneven, treacherous terrain conspired to thwart her progress, especially when the path became a slick canvas, painted with algae, each step a dance with death.

Finally, Aadaya arrived at a watchtower, her form concealed behind a sinister wall. The tower's lights cast an eerie glow, revealing the vicinity in an unsettling chiaroscuro. However, the mist thickened, concealing all meaning within its amorphous depths. A pair of guards patrolled near the tower's entrance, oblivious to the unfolding nightmare around them. The mist veiled the tower's base, hiding it from Aadaya's predatory gaze. Nevertheless, her specialized goggles unveiled the heat signatures of two shadowy figures prowling at its foundation. The sentinels atop the tower lay lifeless, hapless offerings to the merciless aim of Saddie.

Aadaya hunkered down against the damp, mossy wall, her predatory instincts taking over. Her hands, seasoned and unwavering, gripped her weapon like a reaper's scythe, its barrel aimed at the very point where the guards' vigilant eyes converged. She silently counted the seconds as the guards, oblivious to their impending doom, turned and closed in on each other.

A single bullet, cutting through the relentless rain, tore a path through the stormy chaos, its trajectory a harbinger of death. At the precise instant when the two guards met, the bullet found its mark. It ripped through the first guard, who crumpled to the ground, life extinguished in a blink, while the deadly projectile continued its macabre journey, lodging itself into the chest of the second guard. Amidst the torrential downpour, a guttural cry of agony pierced the air, mingling with the merciless drumming of raindrops on the unforgiving ground.

With a savage swiftness, Aadaya sprinted toward the watchtower through the enveloping mist. As she approached the base of the tower, the scene unfolded before her like a scene from a nightmare. A makeshift barricade, fashioned from grimy sacks, stood merely meters away from the door, with guards weaving between them.