CHAPTER 19

In the kingdom of dreams, where the snores of productivity echoed faintly, Aadaya lay wrapped in her blanket cocoon. The chores and schoolwork had conspired to transform her into a sleep-deprived zombie, granting her rare moments of respite in the afternoon sun. But alas, even the sweetest dreams have a shelf life.

Amidst the symphony of her snores, a disturbance rumbled through the air. The door, apparently tired of its stationary existence, decided to creak open, introducing a new player into the tale. A foot, devoid of sympathy, delivered a swift kick, and Aadaya, the unsuspecting victim, found herself on the floor, tangled in her blanket like a clumsy burrito.

Above her, the villainous trio of Saddie, Desmond, and Chris giggled like mischievous imps. Saddie, with her usual flair for the dramatic, barked, "Rise and shine, oh sleepy sloth!" Her voice had all the charm of a wake-up call from a caffeinated rooster.

In the midst of this chaos, Chris was offering snacks to Desmond, who, in his natural state of perpetual amazement, questioned Aadaya's snack hospitality. "She lets you keep snacks here?" Desmond inquired, eyebrows reaching for the heavens in sheer disbelief.

Chris, munching away, replied with the confidence of someone who knew the snack rules in the house. "Nope, she doesn't," he declared, crumbs flying like rebellious confetti.

With a well-timed glare, Aadaya silenced Chris, a curse passing her lips for him, who shuffled out, dragging Desmond along, both still munching on forbidden snacks.

Aadaya's morning ambitions crumbled as her gaze shifted back to her inviting bed. Her daydreams of extended slumber were promptly interrupted by a cloth being tossed onto her face. She removed it to find her jacket and glanced back at Saddie, who emerged from the closet with an armful of clothes, resembling a particularly disgruntled fashion magician.

Saddie, in a rare display of motherly concern (or just annoyance at Aadaya's perpetual sleepiness), chided, "Come on, Sleeping Beauty, the fair's started, and you're still in your cocoon. Time to join the land of the living!"

Aadaya groaned in theatrical protest, but beneath it all, a smile tugged at her lips. Even in the midst of morning chaos, there was a peculiar comfort in the routine of their shared antics. With a sigh that mixed reluctance and amusement, Aadaya embraced the day, ready to face it with a sprinkle of humor and a dash of sleepy charm.

***************************

Amidst the lively chaos of the fair, Aadaya distanced herself from her energetic friends, attempting to appear entirely unrelated to their sugar-induced antics. Meanwhile, Chris, Desmond, and Marcus bounced around like hyperactive kids, exploring every nook and cranny of the fairgrounds. Their unbridled enthusiasm was palpable.

Just as they settled on their first adventure—a rollercoaster ride that sent shivers down even the bravest spines—Saddie and Desmond wisely decided to make a swift exit. But Aadaya, with a devilish glint in her eye, seized her chance for revenge. Grabbing Saddie's hand, she dragged her towards the ominous queue of the rollercoaster, much to Saddie's dismay.

"You vile creature, this is payback for the ice cream incident, isn't it?" Saddie wailed, her eyes welling up with crocodile tears, her attempts to reason falling on deaf ears. Aadaya, fueled by her mischievous side, pulled Saddie along despite her dramatic attempts to resist. Nearby, Desmond, under Chris's spell, followed like a programmed robot, unable to break free.

The spectacle they created was nothing short of a carnival sideshow. Onlookers gawked as these seemingly alien beings from another planet reveled in their chaos. Saddie's cries grew louder as they approached the dreaded "death ride," a title that did nothing to ease her panic.