CHAPTER 32

In the throbbing heart of the party, where laughter and music melded into a chaotic symphony, Aadaya's eyes darted across the room. With deft hands, she pulled off her hood and mask, her face set in determination as she ordered a drink. But just as she raised her glass, her gaze snagged on a familiar figure slumped and drunkenly dishevelled in a shadowy corner of the bar.

Ignoring the pulsating rhythm of the music and the oblivious dancers, Aadaya weaved through the crowd like a shadow, her eyes never leaving Damien. She approached him, her fists clenched with both worry and determination. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she called out, "Damien???" Her voice wavered with disbelief, unable to fathom finding him here of all places, especially after their recent fight. Unbeknownst to her, she was touching her mate, her touch setting off a series of drunken ramblings.

"I got a mate, she's like an angel. Do you know *hiccup* how beautiful she is. But she left me... *hiccup*," Damien blurted, pushing her away, confusing her with someone else in his inebriated state. Each hiccup punctuated his words, making Aadaya's worry melt away amidst the strange charm of his drunken declarations.

Aadaya raised her hands in a placating gesture, attempting a different approach. "Hey, hey, it's me, Aadaya. Remember me? Zack's sister?" she said, hoping to trigger recognition in his barely open eyes. Damien's usual resilience to intoxication seemed to have abandoned him, and Aadaya found herself oddly amused by his adorable state.

Damien squinted at her, his concentration latching onto her face with drunken determination. As he leaned closer, Aadaya caught the scent of alcohol on his breath, her heart fluttering unexpectedly. But just as suddenly, he pulled away, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Who?" he slurred, his pout adding an unintentional cuteness to his already adorable state.

Aadaya couldn't contain her laughter, even in the face of danger. Her giggles escaped through her earpiece, reaching Chris, who puzzled, asked, "Are you laughing, Aadaya?"

Reality crashed back around her, the urgency of their situation pressing in. She looked around, aware of the guards still patrolling the premises. Her eyes returned urgently to Damien, his frown and pout deepening in concentration. "Chrissy, we've got a problem. The guards know, and Damien is here," she said, her voice laced with both amusement and apprehension, finding herself strangely charmed by Damien's drunken innocence amidst the peril that surrounded them.

In the midst of the chaos, Saddie's shocked shriek pierced the air, echoing through the earpiece, her incredulity palpable even without a microphone. "What?!?!?! What is he doing there?" Saddie's voice resonated from Chris's mic, her astonishment cutting through the tension like a blade.

Meanwhile, Damien, seemingly oblivious to the urgency, nonchalantly took a sip of his drink, the sound of his lips smacking against the glass reverberating through the bar. He bellowed to the bartender, "One more...," his voice a thunderous command that drew attention from the surrounding patrons. Aadaya, astonished by his audacity, quickly explained to Chris over the earpiece, "He's drunk..."

Aadaya, with a mixture of determination and exasperation, moved towards him. She gripped his biceps, attempting to steer him away from the bar. Addressing the bartender, she declared firmly, "No, not anymore... we are leaving," denying him another drink with a wave of her hand.

She tugged at his heavy form, guiding him reluctantly towards the staircase. Damien protested with every step, his weight becoming an increasing challenge for Aadaya to manage. As they entered the adjacent hall, the number of guards outside the dance floor seemed to multiply, raising Aadaya's panic levels. She urgently spoke into her earpiece, "Chris, faster... I don't have much time..."