CHAPTER 12

Aadaya's agony intensified as if an unrelenting storm of agony raged within her skull. It was as though her head had become a battleground for a legion of red-hot blades, each one slicing through her consciousness and tearing her apart from the inside. The relentless torment left her incapable of sensing anything beyond the excruciating pain. Her world was reduced to an unending nightmare as she lay unconscious within the sterile walls of a hospital's general ward.

In this nightmarish limbo, Aadaya teetered on the precipice of awareness, her consciousness hanging by a fragile thread amid the maelstrom of suffering. She caught faint echoes of voices that reverberated through her tormented mind, but the anguish was so all-consuming that it rendered the voices unintelligible. Despite her Alpha lineage, her body grappled with a painfully sluggish pace of healing, and each agonizing moment felt like an eternity.

Amid the relentless torment, Aadaya could barely discern her aunt's anguished voice. Her aunt sat vigil beside her hospital bed, openly weeping, her trembling hands finding solace in the rhythm of Aadaya's hair. Her tearful supplications formed a mournful refrain, "Wake up, baby... wake up," underscored by the crushing weight of self-blame.

A male voice, presumably that of a nurse, intervened with a hint of sternness, "Ma'am, you cannot remain here overnight." The nurse gently persuaded Aadaya's aunt to reluctantly withdraw, offering the beleaguered Alpha a momentary reprieve.

As the searing pain gradually showed the faintest hint of relenting, Aadaya struggled to reconstruct fragments of her surroundings. She remained unconscious, but the world around her began to coalesce into a semblance of reality. Her wolf, a reservoir of formidable abilities, toiled relentlessly to mend her shattered body, channelling every iota of its innate power into the formidable task of healing.

Yet, the pain continued its relentless assault, surging through her head like a merciless onslaught of spears, its cruel tendrils unfurling to engulf her entire form. It was as if a sinister serpent slithered beneath her skin, perpetuating her torment. Nevertheless, she clung tenaciously to consciousness, resolute in her determination to assist her wolf in the gruelling process of recovery.

Amidst the torment, a sweet, ethereal melody danced at the edges of her senses, a voice beckoning to her with a soothing allure. It was as if this mellifluous harmony held the very essence of her relief, and miraculously, her pain began to ebb away, dissipating as swiftly as it had risen.

Her eyes, which had previously been squeezed shut with agony, slowly yielded to her will and fluttered open. The obsidian abyss of her gaze revealed a pristine, empty general ward that stretched before her. The enchanting, dulcet strains of the melody persisted, as though carried on the wings of an otherworldly breeze. The music didn't merely enter her ears; it flowed directly into her consciousness, infusing her with a profound sense of tranquillity.

Aadaya found herself within the spacious expanse of a white-walled room, akin to the one where she had been ensnared by pain. The ward had the capacity to house several more beds, yet her complete focus remained ensnared by the captivating melody that now enveloped her.

Her body felt astonishingly rejuvenated, freed from the shackles of suffering. She was held in thrall by the mesmerizing voice, which seemed to guide her with an ethereal, inexorable allure. As if under the bewitching spell of this enchanting call, she rose from her bed with an effortless grace, devoid of any discomfort or impediment. The melody cradled her in its mellifluous embrace, leading her onward with a beguiling, otherworldly charm.

Aadaya's eyes remained fixed on the open window, her gaze transfixed by the impenetrable darkness of the surrounding forest. The haunting melody beckoned her with an irresistible allure, and her eyes remained locked on the window frame as a gentle breeze carried more of the enchanting tune into the room.