The test... how to do big stuff in little mode

The study sessions with my girlfriends had really boosted my confidence and the snuggle time afterwards helped me relax, so going to bed I managed to fall asleep without much trouble, the next morning was a different story tho.

I woke up brimming with nervous excitement knowing I was ready. A short shower and getting dressed later I joined mom for breakfast, she gave me an encouraging smile "Slept well princess?" I nodded taking a big gulp from my sippy-cup. "Yeah my bed-time bottle helped a lot." We made some more small-talk before I clipped my paci on and checked my schoolbag one last time. Once the bus arrived I dashed out an excited skip in my step and practically vibrating in place as Becca put my seat-belt on she had mostly just helped me before, but today I was far to hyper to to do it myself at all.

Becca managed to keep me entertained all the way to school but I still dashed out into Tanya's arms the moment my seat-belt was off. My huge grin was a strange contrast to most of my classmates, their weary expressions made it clear they feared the upcoming exam. Not me tho, I was eager to show what I had learned.

I felt unstoppable as I was breezing through the questions and equations, a broad grin spreading around my paci as I noticed that I'd done this dozens of times with Tanya and Becca over the past week. Even as the workload got more tedious, my classmates would say harder but it's just more writing so I prefer tedious, I just smiled and solved those questions.

When I handed in my exam Ms. Winters gave me a head-pat and send me off to go change, at this point I noticed that my diaper was soaked to the point of almost leaking. My blush must have been intense enough to put a tomato to shame, so with a beet red face I bolted to the changing stalls to prevent any big leaks.

It was only after being in a fresh diaper that I checked the time... I had barely needed half the time the exam was set for 90 minutes yet only fifty had passed. This was an interesting discovery as I was not that fond of math, it was a rather dry subject most of the time after all. It was at this point that I realized that it was not just the studying but Tanya's help that had given me the confidence to work as efficiently as possible while still being little enough to block out any worries.

The remainder of the exam time I spend listening in on Tanya's class lesson on her lap. The teacher just told everyone not to make a big deal out of it and carried on. In a position like that time flew and soon it was first break.

I practically jumped from Tanya's lap at the sound of the bell eager to go play in the sandbox again. Tanya followed me at some distance, smiling at my child like antics.

Soon we were at the sandbox and I couldn't help but giggle and play with all the other kids... completely forgetting about my own age, it didn't matter, all we wanted was to play and have fun.

The next time I looked over to Tanya I saw Becca was sitting next to her again. She looked worried so I ran over to cheer her up. "hey there squirt, I take it you totally beat that exam" She ruffled my hair with a smile. I took a deep breath and did my best to think big girl thoughts again. "yeah, I got everything done with lots of time to spare" I sat down between my girlfriends, the thought still had me feel giddy "So Becca, what's on your mind." She looked down with a sigh "You're right there is something on my mind... I'm worried about Sally, I know this is a lot to ask, but please look out for her when she starts attending daycare."

Seeing her sad face I gave Becca a big hug, a hug that Tanya quickly joined "We'll keep her safe, I promise" I promise we'll save you and your sisters. The second part remained unspoken but I could see in Tanya's eyes that she thought the same.

We talked about our plans for the holiday for the remainder of first break, Becca had volunteered to assist at the hospital, she had taken first aid courses for a long time now and wanted to learn more. Soon it was time for class again so, after assisting the kids with cleaning up the playground toys,we walked back to class.

The rest of the school day went nicely, heading home I fell asleep, waking up with my head resting on Becca's shoulder, and the girl blushing with a content smile on her lips. "Are you up sleepyhead?" she gently nudged my hand. "Yeah... sorry I didn't mean to use you as a pillow" she just booped my nose "Nonsense cutie, I don't mind it." with that we sat there, blushing and holding hands. "you know Becca, I think I'd like a sleepover with just us two someday." I blushed before muttering "It would only be fair, I mean I got a few with just me and Tanya" She smiles "It's nice that you wanna be fair, but... I don't think I can be a good girlfriend like Tanya." she lets out a heavy sigh "We'll talk about it together, but I'm scared, I don't want to mess things up for you and Tanya."

We end up agreeing to ask Tanya to spend the weekend at my place together to work out our feelings, it would also be an opportunity to talk about the daycare as I'd meet the staff on Friday afternoon, with those thoughts I ran into mom's arms knowing that the next weekend would bring clarity to all those confusing new feelings around me.

Authors note: It's here, a new Chapter of Origin, I'm sorry it took this long, and I hope I'll be able to publish a few more chapters, still I feel like the quality isn't up to my standards yet.