Chapter 2: Unexpected Encounters

Harry's POV:

I made my way down the corridor, my mind filled with a mix of anticipation and frustration. As much as I enjoyed learning about the history of magic, I couldn't help but feel a pang of annoyance. This particular class was one I didn't have with Draco Malfoy, and that meant I wouldn't have the chance to steal glances at him during lectures. Sure, I could imagine what it would be like to see him, but sometimes, reality was far better than any fantasy my mind could conjure up.

Entering the classroom, I spotted Hermione and Ron waving at me from our usual spot. I greeted them with a wave of my own before settling down beside them. Ron wasted no time in getting to the point.

"So, what happened during Potions?" he asked, his curiosity evident.

I felt a nervous twinge in my stomach. "What do you mean...?"

"Don't think we didn't realize, Harry," Hermione chimed in, a hint of exasperation in her voice. "You and Draco were fighting. I'm pretty sure the entire class noticed."

I looked down at the table, a mix of guilt and longing washing over me. "Oh... that."

Ron tapped his fingers on the table. "I know you want to try being friends with Malfoy, but he hates you, and you know that."

"Yeah... I know," I replied, my voice filled with a tinge of sadness. The ache in my heart was undeniable.

Trying to change the subject, I asked, "So, are you guys excited for the parents meeting?"

Hermione's eyes lit up. "Yes, I'm excited to see my parents. I haven't seen them in a while."

Ron sighed. "I'm not. My mum is going to nag me the whole week she's here."

We continued chatting until Professor Binns, the ghostly history teacher, entered the classroom. His monotone voice filled the air as he greeted us. Surprisingly, my thoughts didn't wander back to Draco, at least not until the door swung open, and all eyes turned towards it.

Dumbledore stood in the doorway, his presence commanding attention. Whispers filled the room, confusion dancing on the lips of my classmates. Why was Dumbledore here?

"Come in," Dumbledore said, breaking the spell of whispers.

As our attention shifted back to the door, a figure stepped inside. It was...

Draco Malfoy.

==========================================

Word Count:376

Please make sure to Vote <3