Chapter 17: Starlit Whispers

Hey there, readers! It's me, your friendly neighborhood substitute writer. The usual author, my friend, isn't feeling well, so she asked me to step in and update her books for a little while. Now, I must admit, this is my first time doing something like this, but hey, I like to think I have some writing chops! 😅 Anyway, without further ado, here's chapter 17. I really hope you all enjoy it. And please keep in mind that this is my first time helping out with a Wattpad story, so bear with me if I stumble a bit. But hey, I'm open to feedback! If you like what you read, let me know. It might even inspire me to write my own story on Sunny's account. But I'm not sure if it's something you guys would be into, so please, give me your honest thoughts. With all that said, sit back, relax, and enjoy the chapter!

--------------------------------

Draco's POV:

Draco's heart pounded as he entered the Gryffindor common room. It was Granger who first noticed him, and her expression twisted into one of disgust. The portrait door swung open, and she moved away, allowing him to walk in. The room held a hostile atmosphere, with Ron and Ginny Weasley shooting him disapproving glares.

Ignoring the unwelcoming stares, Draco closed the door behind him. He turned around to see the two Weasleys, Ron looking ready to cast a hex, and Ginny appearing utterly repulsed. Without making eye contact, he ascended the stairs to his and Potter's room.

"Malfoy!" Wesley's voice echoed. Draco halted, turning to face the source of the disdain. "What do you want, Wesley?" Draco responded with equal animosity.

"How's your cheek doing?" Wesley taunted, laughter following his words. Draco's fists clenched around the stair railing. "For your information, Wesley, that's none of your business," Draco retorted, continuing upstairs.

Reaching the bedroom, he took a deep breath before turning the doorknob. Potter sat on his bed, engrossed in a book. Draco closed the door, and Potter, without lifting his eyes from the pages, remarked, "You know I'm supposed to be looking after you, right?"

A pause hung in the air. "Yes," Draco finally replied. "So why didn't you show up to classes today?" Potter questioned, a hint of sadness underlying his words. Draco dismissed it as his imagination.

"I was not feeling well today, Potter," Draco responded, lying down on his bed. Another awkward silence lingered before Potter spoke again, "Malfoy, are you uncomfortable with me?"

Suddenly, Draco shot up from his bed, shocked. "Why would you say that...?" Potter's explanation interrupted him. "Because earlier when I walked into you, Parkinson had Zabini. He ran away, and right now, you look very uncomfortable."

Draco stared into Potter's usual bright green eyes, now dulled. Potter seemed genuinely sad and upset. Their eyes locked for a moment until Potter looked away. "I don't feel uncomfortable with you, Potter. In fact, it's quite the opposite."

Silence settled between them, not awkward this time. "Do you... Do you want to go into the Forbidden Forest with me tonight?" Potter's unexpected invitation hung in the air.

"What for?" Draco inquired. "To watch the stars together," Potter replied. Draco nodded, and they continued to sit in silence. Eventually, they returned to their individual activities. When midnight arrived, they began getting ready.

Draco wore a black oversized hoodie with shorts, a departure from his usual style. Potter, in gray sweatpants and a black hoodie matching Draco's, retrieved his invisibility cloak and wand. They descended the stairs and slipped out of the portrait door. Potter enveloped them in the cloak, and they quietly navigated the castle's hallways.

As they walked, the sound of footsteps reached their ears, prompting them to halt. Potter pulled Draco closer, and the proximity heightened Draco's heartbeat. The footsteps grew louder, and their hearts pounded. Snape and McGonagall appeared, walking past them.

Once out of sight, Draco exhaled. They resumed their journey until they reached the outdoors. Potter removed the cloak, and they entered the Forbidden Forest. They found a tree to sit under and watch the stars. As they prepared to sit, Draco realized that shorts were impractical. Potter, with a spell, conjured a picnic blanket.

But another dilemma arose – the blanket wasn't large enough for both of them. "And where am I going to sit, Potter?" Draco asked, slightly annoyed. Potter patted his lap, and Draco felt his face heat up. "I am not sitting on you," he declared.

"Then you can stand," Potter shrugged. After a few minutes of resistance, Draco reluctantly sat on Potter's lap. The heat in his face intensified. Potter rested his head on Draco's, and they gazed at the stars.

It was a beautiful night, and Draco's thoughts drifted to the thick trees surrounding the Malfoy Manor. "Malfoy... could I kiss you?"

--------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed!♡