Chapter 13: Wave of Emotions

Narrator's POV:

Draco blinked his eyes open, feeling a heaviness in his limbs that refused to dissipate. With a tired sigh, he pushed himself upright and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. The morning light streamed through the windows, casting a soft glow across the room.

Rubbing his eyes, Draco shuffled towards the closet, his mind still foggy with sleep. He selected his clothes and robe, his fingers moving mechanically. With a resigned sigh, he made his way down to the Gryffindor bathroom, hoping that a shower would help wash away his fatigue.

The hot water cascaded over his tired body, momentarily awakening his senses. As he reached for the towel, Draco couldn't help but let his mind wander. Thoughts of the events from the previous day danced at the edge of his consciousness, accompanied by an unexpected surge of emotions.

After quickly drying himself off, Draco dressed in silence, his wet hair clinging to his forehead. He glanced at his reflection in the mirror, contemplating whether to do something about his unruly hair. However, his hair supplies were still in his own dormitory, and he simply didn't have the energy to go retrieve them. With a resigned shrug, Draco decided to let his hair air dry, hoping it wouldn't look too disheveled.

As he entered the common room, Draco took a seat, feeling the weight of the day settling upon his shoulders. Moments later, Weasley and Granger walked in, their expressions contorted with disdain as they glanced in his direction. Draco's gaze met Weasley's for a brief moment, an unspoken challenge passing between them.

Ignoring their judgmental stares, Draco's thoughts turned to Harry Potter. Images of their encounters and conversations played in his mind, stirring a mix of conflicting emotions within him. Confusion mingled with a growing fondness, leaving Draco both intrigued and apprehensive about his feelings towards Potter.

Lost in his musings, Draco rose from his seat, only to collide with someone in his path. Startled, he instinctively removed his hands from his face and looked up, finding himself face-to-face with Potter. The sight of those green eyes sent a jolt through Draco, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"I-I didn't see you there," Draco stammered, his voice betraying his unease. He quickly averted his gaze, feeling the heat rise in his cheeks. Without uttering another word, he turned on his heel and hurriedly ascended the stairs, seeking refuge in the privacy of their room.

As he closed the door behind him, Draco leaned against it, his heart pounding in his chest. "What is happening to me?" he whispered to himself, his voice laced with confusion. The unexpected attachment he felt towards Harry Potter left him both bewildered and apprehensive, uncertain of what the future held.

==========================================

Word Count:452