Chapter 10: Midnight Disaster

Narrator's POV:

Harry sat down on the couch, feeling the soft cushions beneath him. Draco settled beside him, and they both relaxed, ready to enjoy the movie. However, their moment of tranquility was quickly interrupted when Ginny approached.

"That's my seat," Ginny declared firmly, her tone suggesting she meant business. Draco rolled his eyes but complied, moving to the other end of the couch to make room for Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Once everyone had settled, they turned their attention to the movie playing on the screen.

As the movie unfolded, Harry found himself engrossed in the story. The main character's best friend's betrayal added an intriguing twist to the plot. Just as the tension on the screen was building, Ron broke the silence with a hint of animosity in his voice.

"Sounds like something a Slytherin would do, doesn't it, Malfoy?" Ron's words dripped with disdain, directed at Draco. The tension in the room escalated, and Draco, not one to back down easily, rose to his feet.

"Excuse me?" Draco responded, his voice laced with defiance. Ron stood up as well, his anger fueling the confrontation. "I said sounds like something a Slytherin would do. Are you deaf?!" Ron shouted, his words echoing through the room.

The atmosphere became charged, and the two began to exchange heated words. The tension reached its boiling point when Ron, fed up with Draco's presence, threw a punch, connecting with Draco's face. The room fell into an eerie silence, everyone frozen in shock for a few fleeting moments.

Ginny, finding her voice, stood her ground and clung onto Harry's arm protectively. "Well, that's what you get, Malfoy. Don't mess with us," she declared, her voice filled with a mix of satisfaction and defiance. Draco opened his mouth to retaliate but quickly closed it. He walked towards the painting, waiting for it to open fully, his gaze meeting Harry's for a fleeting moment.

Leaving without a word, Draco disappeared through the opening painting, and the sound of running footsteps echoed in the distance. Harry's instincts kicked in, urging him to go after Draco, but Ginny tugged at his arm, pulling him back down onto the couch. "Leave him alone," she pleaded, her voice filled with a mix of disgust and anger.

Hermione, shaking her head, chimed in. "Harry, it's best to let him go. He needs time to cool off," she advised. Harry's eyes remained fixated on the closing painting, his mind racing with worry and determination.

Without a second thought, Harry tore his arm away from Ginny's grasp, swiftly grabbing his invisible cloak and the Marauder's Map. He dashed towards the exit, the painting closing behind him. As he sprinted away, he fumbled to unfold the map, his eyes scanning its intricate lines and markings. He had to find Draco. Nothing else mattered in that moment.

==========================================

Word Count:464