Chapter 14: Confusing Absence

Harry's POV:

That was weird, I thought to myself as I watched Draco hastily run up the stairs. His face had turned red, but I couldn't quite comprehend why. Shaking off the odd encounter, I rubbed my eyes and made my way into the bathroom. A hot shower helped clear my mind, and I quickly got ready for the day ahead.

As I stepped out of the bathroom, I was surprised when Ginny rushed up to me, throwing her arms around me in a tight hug. I awkwardly returned the embrace, unsure of what had prompted this sudden affection. Meanwhile, Draco descended the stairs, his expression no longer red, but rather filled with anger as he gazed at Ginny and me.

Gently, I untangled Ginny's hands from around me and walked up to Draco, mustering a smile. However, as soon as my eyes met his, a surge of redness flushed his cheeks once more. Without saying a word, he turned on his heel and stormed out of the dormitory, likely heading for the Great Hall.

Confusion clouded my thoughts. Just last night, Draco and I were on good terms, and now, it seemed as though he wanted to avoid me. I couldn't understand what had transpired to cause this sudden change in his demeanor.

Arriving at the Great Hall, I scanned the room, hoping to catch a glimpse of Draco. Perhaps I could talk to him and figure out what was going on. But as I searched the sea of faces, he was nowhere to be found. A mix of concern and curiosity swirled within me, leaving me eager to uncover the truth behind Draco's strange behavior.

I was sitting at the breakfast table, eating my meal, but something was off. Draco hadn't shown up in the Great Hall for breakfast, and it left me feeling confused. He knew he had to stay by my side, so why was he absent? Lost in my thoughts, I was snapped back to reality when Ron's voice broke through.

"Harry, mate, what are you thinking about?" Ron asked, concern lacing his words. I blinked, realizing I had been staring off into space. "Huh? Oh, it's nothing," I replied absentmindedly, poking at my food with little interest.

Hermione, always perceptive, looked at me with worry in her eyes. "Are you sure you're okay, Harry?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern. I hesitated for a moment before responding, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit distracted, I suppose."

Feeling a sudden urge to escape, I got up from the table and made my way out of the Great Hall. I headed towards my first class of the day, Potions. I wasn't particularly thrilled about it, knowing that Professor Snape would likely find a way to mock me throughout the entire class.

Entering the potions classroom, I found myself being the first one there. Taking my seat, I prepared myself for the class ahead. As time passed and the minutes ticked by, everyone else started to trickle into the room. However, Draco was still nowhere to be seen.

Draco was not the type of person to arrive late for potions. It was unlike him, and it only deepened my confusion. I tried to reason with myself, thinking that maybe he was caught up with something important. But as the class progressed, and Draco's absence continued, it became apparent that he wasn't coming today.

The rest of the day passed with a heavy weight on my mind, wondering where Draco could be and what might be going on. Had something happened between us? Was he purposely avoiding me? The unanswered questions danced around in my thoughts, leaving me unsettled and eager for the day to end so I could find some answers.

==========================================

Word Count:615

Hello everyone! I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates lately. If you've been following me, you probably already know the reason behind the delay. For those who haven't, I've been quite occupied with band-related activities. Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to sharing the next chapter with all of you!