Chapter 9: Unexpected Company

Draco's POV:

Me and Potter walked out of our respective positions, the corridors buzzing with the chatter of students. "What do you have next?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Transfiguration," he replied with a small smile. "And you?"

"Oh, I have Charms," I answered, adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder. "What are we going to do? Do you have to stay with me, or do we just go to our classes?"

He furrowed his brow, contemplating the options. "I don't know, Potter," I said, my voice filled with uncertainty.

"Okay, you go to your class, and I'll go to mine," he suggested, trying to find a solution. "I'm pretty sure we have different classes for the rest of the day. So, at the end of the day, just meet me at the Gryffindor painting."

A glimmer of relief crossed his face. "Sounds like a plan. We can watch a movie after school if you want."

"Sure, we could watch a movie," I agreed, my tone softening. We split up and made our way to our respective classes, the anticipation of the movie night lingering in my mind.

After the school day had ended, I found myself waiting by the Gryffindor painting for Potter. However, to my surprise, he wasn't alone. I turned around and saw Potter standing there with his friends, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. My heart skipped a beat as I froze in place.

"Hey, Malfoy," Potter called out, breaking me from my momentary shock. I turned to face him, but my eyes couldn't help but drift to his friends. "They're watching the movie with us," he explained.

I looked at all three of them, my expression betraying my lack of enthusiasm. "They're really watching the movie with us?" I asked, my voice lacking excitement.

"It's not like we want to watch the movie with you," Ron interjected, his words laced with disdain.

I raised an eyebrow, my gaze shifting between them. Without saying a word, I moved out of their way as Potter said the password. We made our way into the Gryffindor dormitory, and I walked upstairs, heading towards Potter's room to change into more comfortable clothes.

As I changed into my pajamas, I heard the door creak open, and Potter walked in, closing the door behind him. "Do you need something?" I asked, my tone guarded.

"No, just changing. Can you wait for me?" he requested, his voice gentle. I plopped onto my bed and waited for him to finish changing.

"I know you don't like that they're watching the movie with us, but they wanted to join, and I couldn't say no," Potter broke the silence, his voice filled with a hint of apology.

"Then learn how to say no, Potter," I retorted, looking at him with frustration. He chuckled and plopped onto my bed, his presence warming the space.

"Don't worry, what could possibly go wrong?" he said, attempting to lighten the mood. I looked at him, my eyebrow raised in skepticism. He rolled his eyes and added, "Don't worry, nothing will go wrong."

I sighed, sitting up straighter. He followed suit, and before I could protest, he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back, feeling a mixture of love and uncertainty. As we broke the kiss, I mustered a small smile.

"Let's go, they're probably waiting for you," I said, my voice softening.

"Can't we just make out a bit more?" Potter groaned playfully. I laughed, playfully swatting his arm.

"Come on," I said, dragging him out of the room. He finally relented, and we made our way downstairs, ready to face the movie night with a mix of apprehension and hope.

==========================================

Word Count:624

Okay babes, I have a question for you. Should I turn this book into a mature read or keep it more on the lighter side? Let me know what you think!