Chapter 15: Unveiling Secrets

Harry's POV:

As the day drew to a close, I made my way towards Draco and my shared room after finishing my dinner. Draco had been absent all day, and my attempts to find out his whereabouts from Snape after dinner were met with silence. Disappointment washed over me, for I had always believed that Snape was Draco's favorite teacher, someone who could provide me with answers. It seemed that Draco's whereabouts remained a mystery.

Opening the door to our room, I was greeted by an unexpected sight. Zabini and Parkinson stood near Draco's bed, smirking mischievously. Draco, with his back turned towards me, was oblivious to my entry. However, Zabini and Parkinson noticed me and their smirks widened. Parkinson couldn't resist teasing, her voice filled with playful amusement. "Ooooooooo," she exclaimed, prompting Zabini to nudge her in a playful attempt to silence her.

My curiosity piqued, I listened as Draco spoke up, his voice muffled as he hid his face in his hands. "You're supposed to make me feel better. Why are you two making fun of me?" he questioned, his vulnerability evident.

Unbeknownst to Draco, I stood there, quietly observing the scene unfolding before me. Taking his hands off his face, Draco let out a sigh, revealing his inner turmoil. "But what am I going to do?" he pondered aloud. Parkinson, always eager for details, added, "Do about what, Draco?" Zabini chimed in, finishing her sentence. "You still haven't told us why we're here," he noted.

Draco sighed, the weight of his emotions evident. "I... I might have a tiny crush on..." he trailed off, only to be interrupted by my own curiosity. Unable to contain myself, I blurted out, "You have a crush?"

Caught off guard, Draco froze in his tracks, his expression a mix of astonishment and realization. Without uttering another word, he swiftly got off the bed, a newfound determination in his eyes. As he dashed out of the room, his voice rang through the air. "Meet me in the Slytherin dormitory!" he called out to Zabini and Parkinson, who wasted no time in following him.

Left alone in the room, I let out a sigh, sinking onto my bed. Despite sharing the same living space, it often felt as though Draco and I had a long-distance friendship. The physical proximity couldn't bridge the emotional gap that seemed to exist between us.

As I reflected on the events that had unfolded, a mix of emotions washed over me. Anticipation mingled with a touch of uncertainty as I contemplated the upcoming rendezvous in the Slytherin dormitory. It was an opportunity to bridge the divide and uncover the mysteries that had kept us apart. With a sense of determination, I prepared myself for what lay ahead, hoping that this encounter would bring us closer and dissolve the imagined distance between us.

==========================================

Word Count:467