Chapter 20: Running for points

Hey everyone!

I'm back, and I apologize for the delay in updating you all. School has been quite demanding lately, and I also had a basketball game today. However, before you inquire about the outcome, something unexpected happened. While my friends, other players, and I were on the bus heading to Basketball game, our coach sent us a text saying that the game had been canceled. To make matters worse, it was freezing outside due to the winter weather. But let's not dwell on that any longer. Let's shift our focus and dive right into what I have to share with you all!

==========================================

Narrator's POV:

In the dimly lit room, Harry cradled Draco on his lap, the aftermath of emotional release lingering between them. As silence settled, a knock echoed on the door, disrupting the fragile peace. Harry, protective, tightened his grip on Draco, seeking to shield him from external intrusion.

"Who is it?" Harry inquired, his voice betraying a hint of wariness as he held onto Draco.

"It's me, Ginny, and Mione," Ron's voice responded from the other side of the door. Draco, sensing the encroaching presence, detached himself from Harry, guiding him off the bed before retreating to the safety of his closed bed curtains.

Draco's Bed

Harry's Bed

(Draco's dad wasn't happy about Draco staying with Harry, but he had Hogwarts redecorated to suit Draco's preferences.)

Harry, torn between the private world he shared with Draco and the outside connections beckoning at the door, sighed with a mixture of reluctance and resignation. The impending interaction with friends who hadn't witnessed the recent changes in his life didn't sit well with him. Nonetheless, he opened the door, concealing the complexities beneath a practiced smile, ready to navigate the delicate balance between his worlds.

Harry's POV:

"Nice room mate," Ron said, walking in first, followed by Mione and Ginny. "Thanks," I said, closing the door behind them.

"Why isn't our rooms like this?" Ginny complained, sitting on my bed.

"Draco's dad made Hogwarts redecorate the room to suit him, and he also did my bed," I answered, scratching the back of my neck.

"Draco? Since when did you call Malfoy by his first name?" Mione questioned, eyeing me suspiciously.

"We... we became friends," I said, giving her an awkward smile.

"Speaking of Malfoy, is he in there?" Ginny said, pointing at his bed covered with his curtains. I didn't know if he wanted me to tell them, but it was like he read my thoughts when he said, "Yes, I'm in here, Weasley." He opened one of the curtains and looked at them up and down. "And I would appreciate it if you and your friends keep it down, Potter." He looked at me, making eye contact. He looked away and went back into the closed-off bed.

"Are you sure you're friends with him?" Ron asked, scoffing. I kept quiet as they all sat on my bed. Draco would probably wash it later, not wanting to sleep with me if they sat on the bed sheets.

"We still have classes," I said, looking at my boyfriend's bed.

"I know, but let's stay here for a bit," Ron said, laying down, sighing comfortably. "As much as I love Harry's soft bed, we have to go," Mione explained, taking matters into her hands. They both started arguing when Parkinson and Zabini burst in through the door.

"Draco, honey, you in here?" she said, looking around.

"In here," he said, opening the curtain. "We have to go!" She yelled, grabbing him and his bag.

"Go where?"

"Class. Professor Flitwick sent us looking for you, golden boy and his friends," Zabini said. "If we don't make it back, both Slytherin and Gryffindor are losing 100 points," he continued. Me, Ron, Mione, and Ginny all got up. I grabbed my bag from the floor, and Draco grabbed his bag from Pansy. Next thing we knew, we were all running out of the Gryffindor dorms and to Charms. Me and Draco were at the front with Parkinson, Zabini, Ron, Mione, and Ginny behind us. We were running like there was no tomorrow. We got to Charms and ran in. Professor Flitwick and the class, which was a mix of Gryffindor and Slytherin, were all looking at us.

"Parkinson, Zabini, you made it. Congratulations, no points were removed," he said. They both nodded, panting hard. They sat down, making Draco sit in between them. I wanted to sit next to my boyfriend, but what could I do? Nothing. The four of us, Ron, Mione, Ginny, and me, sat at our usual spot in the front. The class went on for about 25 more minutes before it ended. Students packed their stuff, leaving the room, including me and my friends.

"Golden boy!" I heard Parkinson yell. I turned around. "Draco was wondering if you would like to study with us after school's over." I saw a hint of redness on his face. "When did I say that?!" he yelled, drawing the attention of some people around us. Zabini elbowed him in the stomach. "Shut up, Draco," he whispered. It was faint, but I could hear him.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind," I said. "Great! It's a date. Meet him in the library later," she smiled, she and Zabini left, dragging Draco with them. I saw him mouth 'Help me,' but I shrugged, laughing. "What was that about?" Ron asked.

"Nothing, let's get to class," I answered, walking the opposite way Draco was dragged off to.

==========================================

Thank you for taking the time to read! I'll most likely provide an update on Conflicted Hearts tomorrow, but let's stay tuned and see how things unfold.

Please make sure to Vote <3

Word Count:979