Chapter 4: The Forbidden Kiss

Harry's POV:

It had been a week since Draco had reluctantly moved in with us Gryffindors. Dumbledore had made the decision, and there was no escaping it. As much as I loved the idea of Draco being closer to me, the reality of his constant push for distance was becoming unbearable. The hurt grew stronger, and I found myself longing for the connection I always hoped we would share.

Basking in the warm rays of the sun, I closed my eyes, seeking solace in its gentle touch. But my tranquility was short-lived as I heard the sound of curtains being drawn shut. Opening my eyes, I saw Draco standing there, his gaze averted.

"Why did you close the curtains?" I asked, curiosity lacing my voice.

"Because I don't like the sun, Potter," he replied, still refusing to meet my eyes.

Determined to break through the walls he had erected, I suggested, "So, do you want to hang out?"

Silence hung in the air, but then I heard Draco's laughter, mocking and dismissive. "Wait, wait, let me get this straight. The golden boy wants to hang out with me, Draco Malfoy? Yeah, that's something that'll never happen."

My irritation grew, and I couldn't help but press further. "Why are you laughing?" I asked, the edge in my voice more apparent.

"Who wouldn't be? The golden boy wants to hang out with me? Yeah, right. Stop lying, Potter," he continued to laugh, falling back onto his bed.

Something inside me snapped. I couldn't bear his laughter, his dismissal of my genuine intentions. I got up from my bed and walked towards him, my determination unwavering.

"Why wouldn't I want to hang out with you?" I asked, my voice filled with sincerity.

Draco's laughter ceased, and he looked at me, disbelief etched across his features. "Okay, Potter, that's enough with your jokes," he said, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"No, I'm serious," I asserted, my gaze locked with his. "Why wouldn't I want to hang out with you?"

He seemed speechless, struggling to comprehend my words. "You really want to hang out with me?" he finally managed to say.

"Okay, wait, Potter, listen to what you're saying," he began, his voice tinged with a mix of confusion and self-doubt. "You want to hang out with me, Draco Malfoy. I don't think you're realizing who I-"

Without giving him a chance to finish his sentence, I closed the distance between us and passionately kissed him, cutting off his words. 

The intensity of the moment overwhelmed us both, and when I pulled away, I saw the shock in Draco's eyes.

I released my grip on his face and without another word, I turned and ran out of my room, seeking refuge in the Gryffindor bathroom. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I muttered to myself, "What have I done"

==========================================

Word Count:465

Please make sure to Vote <3