Chapter 20: THE FINALE

2 weeks later
Los Angeles Funeral home
LA, CA

"We will now bring Antoinette's Daughter in law, Kehlani for a selection"

Sharae's P.O.V

My head hurts, my heart hurts. I can't take anymore pain right now. Keh kisses my forehead before going up to sing, and this song will hit different from now on " Fresh white flowers and a new tea light.." Destin was the first to break down. I grabbed him and hugged him tight. I'm really trying to hold on for the both of us. Pops didn't show up, and Destin's dad is locked up for life after he caught in some big drug shit. So it's just her living kids here, saying our last goodbyes....
"now I've been raised around you as my aunt, but can I please get to know you as my mom?" " yes baby yes" memories of my mom came back like a wave on a stormy day. " Soon as I see your facee, don't know why I would've thought you were far wayyy" I fixed up my shades , breathing heard as hell. I feel a lump in my throat. "So I put you on the alter, stay here a little bit longer, been waiting round for ya" I felt my body shake, I cried into my hands . Let it out sharae, it's okay. I screamed into my hands. I know I might made a few family members jump. But I couldn't help it. My mother is dead. Kehlani finished her selection and carried me out of the room....

Destin's P.O.V
" now we will have words from Antoinette's Son in law, Tank" my head shot up. Is this nigga serious. At of all times, he could've skip this. Since the night in Las Vegas, me and tank been going at it on the Internet ALOT

The shade room: "Chille, Destin and Tank divorce has gotten ugly honeyy!!! Not them arguing like this on Beyoncé Internet! 😭"
Sources says, Tank and Destin filed for divorce the same night they were seen in the club in Las Vegas. Y'all we've been going at it bad, the same day I found out he flew back down to Houston, I called him up. I just wanted to feel love, to be held tight. To let my emotions out, but dumb me should've figured it was all going to be the same. " I just wanted to be held and vent. Can you have 1 night without getting shit faced!" SLAP! " I'm tired of you and your sister talking to me any kind of way! Like I'm dumb or hard of hearing! Maybe it should've been you instead of your mother" I took a sharp turn in his direction and just started hitting him. " Don't you talk about my mother, BITCH!" He slapped me in the right place and everything went black. As he got on the platform to speak, I gave him serious eye contact. " My mother in law, was a beautiful spirit. Even though she constantly around people that was not the likes of herself" he looked directly at me. This nigga really wanna try me at my mother funeral. " She still had that bright spirit of hers. As the HUSBAND of her only son, me and his mother had a different relationship. She treated me like her own, help me in times of need or just to give me her lifestyle wisdoms. She will be forever missed. Destin, if it wasn't for marrying you, I would have not known this lovely woman. And for that I thank you" As he walked off stage some people were clapping for him. While they were clapping, I wanted to do some slapping. This BITCH has a lot of nerves to do this shit. Knowing what he did to me a few days ago. In the words of my sis, I wish never knew you!

Kehlani's P.O.V

"Are you okay enough to go back in there?" I asked sharae " Yeah, thank you babe" she grabs my hand " Any..." I know I don't see who I think I see in my fucking face. " Jessica, what are you doing here?" " I'm here because I knew your mother as well, you know that. I will be back on the first flight to Brazil tonight. I already know wassup with y'all. You got her sis." She said the last part to me " Been had her" I spoke back. She chuckled and went into the funeral. We followed her in and sat in the front. " Now we will have the viewing" Everyone stood up, they ushered the family up and I saw Sharae's dad already in front.

....

Sharae's P.O.V

I saw that my pops was already boohooing at the casket. He got me and destin and hugged both of us at his side. We both broke down in front of her. I felt Kehlani's hand soothing my back. We passed along to let All her family and community pears see her one last time.