3

I decided to go to Atlantis to confront orm. I told Arthur to watch my dad while I was gone.

Mera and I went a clone to the waters I walked up to her "just so we're clear,I'll help you stop this war. Then I'm done."

"Maybe that's for the best" then we go in the waters as swam to her a place "I hid my ship in here"Her ship literally looks like a fish.

"I'm not going in that thing"

"To get where we're going, you're gonna have to."

"You're fish ship has been marinating in chum butter im gonna come out smelling like swamp butt"

"That would be an improvement" she said as we go in.

For a while I looked around to see the see so beautiful and then there's a bridge.

"What's the point of having a bridge underwater?" I asked.

"The gateway bridge is a remnant of the old world it's also the only way in or out of the capital" Mera answered.

"Why can't they just go over the walls?"

"Security is impenetrable. Even if they did manage to evade the gaurds, they'd never get past the hydro-cannons. People try to sneak in all the time"

"Yeah right"Then I looked at some place that they're doing something "what's this"

"Customs and border control. Don't worry. I have diplomatic clearance"then we entered Atlantis it looked more beautiful than I ever imagined.  Then mera takes us down to the bottom of the sea. "There's a safe house down in the old city.  The highborns never venture to the sea floor"

She takes us to a broken ship we got in there's no water inside just air.

"What is this?" I asked.

"We use this air pocket for extra layer of precaution.only the highborns can breath water as well as air."

"Plus it keeps the animals out they get kind of messy" we looked to see a familiar face it was vulko. He trained me over the years and told me what happened to my mother.

"Here I am old man after all these years you finally get what you wanted" I said putting my arm on his shoulder."

"Ebony, I wish it was under better circumstances." He said.

"I can't believe Orm attacked" mera said.

"It wasn't an attack legally he's not allowed to yet. What he did to the surface warships was merely a warning."

"What provoked it?"

"King orm and your father were ambushed by the surface"

"By the surface?" I asked in confusion "I don't think so they still think Atlantis is a fairy tale"

"I was there" vulko said "a surface warship fired at us. Now Xebel side with Atlantis giving orm a fleet big enough to force other kingdoms to join him.if we're going to prevent this war you must dethrone him now."

"How many time do I have to tell you I don't want to be queen"

"You don't understand" mera said. "Once he is named ocean master it'll be too latex the power at his disposal will be unlike anything you have ever seen."

"I'm from the surface. No one is gonna take me seriously." I said. "I don't even know where to begin."

"By winning the hearts and minds of the people by proving to them that you're worthy and retrieving this"He shows me a picture of of a golden tridents.

"Hmm I already got one of those" I pointed at my mother's trident behind me.

"Not like this one you don't. This is the lost trident of Atlan"

"I know the story"

"It's not just a story it's real" He explains it was forged by the greatest weapon masters in history it was for king atlan to command the sea. And the cause of Atlantis' destruction. And gave them powe they can't imagine. And the king live out the remainder in self imposed exile. "One of our archeological teams uncovered this a few months ago it's an ancient recording dating back to the first dynasty. I believe it contains atlans final message to his people.and the whereabouts of the sacred trident"

"So what does it say?" I asked.

"We don't know" mera said the technology is too old."

"The cylinder bears the markings of the desserter kingdom you must take it there and retrieve the message the clue to atlans final resting place is inside of this."

I went to take it but was interrupted by a bunch of gaurds who looked at me.

"Border defence. You are under arrest for illegal entry"

I fought the guys and looked at a group who's wearing read. "I don't suppose you want to talk about this do you? Neither do I."

I fought them off but no matter how strong they manage to knock me out.

"In the name of his highness king orm. I place you under arrest"