11

It was a storm while on the boat and something happened there were monstrous creatures and fought some.

"What the hell are those thing?" I asked.

"The trench. We're here" mera said.

We went inside and got a flare stick and they back away from it they've from the depths they're scared of the light here" I gave one to mera and picked up some more and jumped out of the boat and swam inside to avoid the trench and saw a bright thing  in the water.

" that thing will tear us apart" mera said.

"We don't have a choice" i told her as I put my hand out for her to take as she takes it as we go in together.

Then the portal parted us and I went to find her after I got out of to find mera I looked around to see I'm. Somewhere I have never been. And found a land. I found mera with some on.

the person turns around an looks at me and walks up to me with a shocked look on her face. "Ebony"

"Mom?"

She smiles and hugs me as I hugged back.

She took us to the place she was stayin and explained what happened. "King Orvax sacrificed me to the trench but I survived. I fought my way through as you did. And I ended up here."

"You've been here along for 20 years?" Mera asked sitting down.

"Yes"mom looks to me "you must forgive me for everything."

"This happened because you had me" i said.

"Not for having you. None of this was your fault. I made a choice. I had to leave...to save you. To save your father. Tell me about him. Is he.."

"He still walks to the end of that dock. Every morning everyday waiting for you." I can see my mother crying knowing how much she love him "why didn't you ever come back?"

"Because the portal that brought you heard won't let us return. The trident is our our only way back. But it is gaurd by the karathen.  The creature from our legends it's real. It lies beyond the waterfall"

"We'll go with you" mera said "we can fight it together"

"No. It's too powerful I've tried many times over the years. The creature will only allow the true heir to pass" she looks at me "You're afraid."

"Yes" I admit.

"Good. You're ready."

"Atlantis had always had an heir." Mera spoke "no it needs something more"

"What could be greater than an heir"

"A hero" mom said. "An heir fights for their nation. You fight for everyone"

I walked to the falls and went through and jumped in the water and looked around and found atlans body and holding a trident in his hand.

I went to go to it but was stoped by a creatures tentacles "you do not belong here" it spoke "I have guarded the trident against false heirs since the beginning and for a thousand years I have seen greates champions try and fail. But never have I sensed one as unworthy as you. You dare come here with your tainted mongrel blood to claime Atlantis' greatest treasure? So it half-breed.  You thought your self worthy.you thought yourself a queen? You dishonour this place with your presence" the creator was about to use its tentacle to kill me.

"Stop" I told it as it did "you're right I am a half breed mongrel. But I did not come here because I thought I was worthy.I know I'm not"

"You understand me?"

"I do"

"No mortal has conversed with me since king atlan. Who are you?"

"I'm nobody. I came because I had no choice. I came to save my home and the  people that I love. I came because the trident is our only hope. And it's that's not good enough... then screw you."

"No one has ever freed the trident from atlans grip. Should he deem you unworthy... well, I haven't feasted in eons, and I am famished.

I swam to the trident and grabbed it and took it as I can see the animals in the waters I can command. And I was wearing a suit like king atlans

I got back to mera and mom as the see I have succeeded.

"The one true heir"