28

After kordax was destroyed necrus started to rumble I looked to see David Kane unconscious so I decided to carry him on my shoulders. I'm not making the same mistake twice.

"Ebony we gotta go the magic is broken" orm said as we started running out and head to the water and on the ice where Nereus and the nerd shin is.

I walked up and held juniors. "Hi" I kissed juniors cheek then looked at the nerd "shin. Thank you" I kissed his cheek as he smiled.

Then we turned to sea the brine king grunting heavily "all here looking intact that's good well I'm not" he shows us his claw cut off. "My claw got cut off again." He sad dramatically.

Then I looked at orm and grabbed his hand "as far as I'm concerned your dept is paid."

Orm smiles "thank you. But what's gonna happen with me I don't know if Atlantis will forgive me"

"We'll find a way"

Then I heard groaning as I saw David sitting up and looked at me in confusion. I crouched down to his sitting level.

"You should have left me back there" David said. "Why did you save me?"

"Because it's the right thing to do"

"Even after what happened to my father.."

"David, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened to your father. I shouldn't have done that I know. I was young and selfish back then. And if I would go back and change it I would. I'm not asking you to forgive me. But I hope you understand."

David looks down and looks at me "that's all I want. Is an apology. But what of your Atlantean friends. I'm still wanted to them."

"Not unless they know you have died during the ice. And I hear it's hard to find bodies. But you have to disappear."

"I can help him with that" orm said. "I'll take him somewhere where he could lay low for a while. I'm not sure how long."I stood up and walked up to orm and put my hand out and he takes it. "You're won't as bad as you think. The people of Atlantis are lucky to have you. You are everything I was not. You do the right thing when doing the wrong thing is much easier. And you're willing to ask for help even from your worst enemy. I know it may not feel like you know what you're doing sometimes but.. keep trusting your instincts if you lead Atlantis will follow. After all a true heir builds bridges right?"

I chuckled I" thought it was just a metaphor"

"Well, your metaphor might have just saved the world's ass." Then orm looks to David and gives him Atlantean helmet to breath in as they both go.

"Huh, I thought you and him were gonna do the Atlantean nasty after this I guess I was wrong" the brine king said.

Nereus glanced at him then looks at me "you really need to stop giving him these water resistant kindle books"

I shrugged and looked at junior who started giggling.