21. A fairytale and a realization Part 1

Alecia's P.O.V.

Today me and Nash are going out. I'm wonderstruck that we have that relationship that everyone ships, the best friends who wanted to be more. I feel bad for Clara though, last night she told me she likes Sammy now. Cameron walked into our room with a bouquet of flowers, and a box of chocolates as she said it. He started bawling, and ran out. She only liked him like two days. Word spread and now everyone's calling her "slut."
(Tbh I still ship clara and Jack so hard)

Anyway, Nash wanted to do something special for our official first date. He told me to dress fancy. I hope it's not the restaurant where he asked me out, the first time, bad memories. Nope it isn't. It took me a little to realize where we were.
"Why are we in the woods you ran from us in?" I asked.

"I believe this may be the place where we marked the beginning of the beginning of the end of our friendship and it should also begin the beginning of the beginning of our new...more intimate... relationship." Nash said.

"Ummm, What!?!?" I started cracking up.

"You get the point, I'm not saying it again. I honestly don't even know what I said." We just laughed.

He brought a huge picnic basket which seemed like it was filled with more than just food. There was an elegant, big, blanket, candlesticks and candleholders, a lighter, his phone, his Polaroid camera, his high quality video camera, and, of course, our dinner.
"What is all this stuff?" I asked.
"My video equipment, dur." He replied like a smartass.
"No shit sherlock, why'd you bring it?" I said, a little frustrated.
"You'll see." Wow so helpful. "Don't curse you'll ruin the moment." I rolled my eyes at him, smiling. He laid everything out. By then I cooled down, and looked back at Nash. I love him. his laugh, his humor, his romance, his heart, and oh my god those eyes. On the shows they freak out about saying "I love you" to early to someone. Not now though. The twilight still lingering in the sky, I sat down next to my boyfriend.
"I checked everything with Clara, she said it should be tumblr ready." He chuckled.
"Now, that sounds like her." I was a little disappointed, because then was a perfect time to say it but he sort of ruined it with humor. Not that I didn't like it but, worst timing. I decided to make conversation more intimate again.
"Nash I need to tell you something, even though you probably already know it." I blurted out, without plan.
"Shoot." He replied.
"Can you please not talk until I'm over, I hate to be rude, but this is hard enough as it is." Ok, maybe those shows were partially right. He nodded.
"When we were younger everyone used to joke that we'd end up together, and they were right, but we spent so much time trying to prove them wrong just because we were young kids. I never figured out why we exactly did that because if we just realized then that we were perfect together, this, the hard part, would all be over by now. But there's something I should've said then that I'm trying to say now... I love you, I'm in love with you, I want us to grow old together, live happily ever after, live in love for the rest of our lives and even after. I want to spend the rest of my days in your arms, and love you forever." Nash was practically frozen still, I couldn't tell if it was a good sign or not. "Please say something before I di..." I was suddenly interrupted by his lips on mine. I pulled away for a second to breathe, when I noticed his eyes seemed even more bright blue, with the Aqua in the sun setting sky reflecting in the tears of joy welled up in his eyes. We leaned in again, this time for a longer kiss exactly as the sun was setting. I heard a beeping noise. I then noticed his video camera on the whole time. I smiled into the kiss. It was perfect. If life would stay like this forever, I would die happy right now. Not saying I want to though. I took his Polaroid camera and took a picture of us kissing. (Picture the date going slow motion and Alecia singing the song, like a music video. PLZ get this)
"When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

But darling,
You are the only exception.

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts.
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.

I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.
Oh-oh-oh-ohhh.

You are the only exception. You are the only exception.You are the only exception.You are the only exception.

And I'm on my way to believing.
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.
"
"Im hungry lets eat." Nash said. I rolled my eyes, smiled, and giggled. After we ate it was pretty late so we went home.
As I saw it I was stunned.
"Mom? Dad?"

SURPRISE BETCH ITS MEH😝