022: I'll go wherever you go

The next few days felt empty. Daryl wasn't there and Rio didn't really know what to do about it. Was he sad? Was he angry? Did he care? Of course he cared, he couldn't even bring himself to lie that much.

He mostly just followed Glenn around, reluctant to let him go anywhere he wasn't. It went the same for most people. He wouldn't let someone else leave.

That's how he found himself sat cross legged on the floor, everyone hatching a plan as Glenn drew out a map of the prison with chalk. "

"Right." He began, numbering the rooms he'd drawn. Rio and Carl crouched in-front of him looking between him and the diagram.

"Now you said you found Tyreese's group here?" He asked the boys for confirmation and pointed to the floor, where the boiler rooms would be.

"Yeah."

"We secured this." Glenn sighed, exasperated.

Carl pointed to the outskirts of the drawing, making his way through with his finger. "He thought they came through here."

"Means there's another breach." Glenn concluded. "Okay. The whole front of the prison is unsecured." He said louder this time. "If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asked naively. "Maybe you scared him off?" She continued, a small sense of hope in her words.

"He had fish tanks full of heads." Michonne shut her down. The woman was up now, un-concussed and awake. "Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming."

"We should hit him now." Rio suggested.

"What?" Beth exclaimed.

"He won't be expecting it." Glenn agreed. "We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head."

"We're not assassins."

"We could be." Rio added.

"You know where his apartment is." He said, getting up and staggering over to Michonne. "You and I could end this tonight."

She sighed, turning her face away.

"I'll do it myself." Glenn continued. Michonne gave a small nod. "Okay." He said before turning on his heel.

"He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened." Hershel pointed out. Rio wanted to scream, he was right. Why was he always right? Why couldn't they just do this one thing?

"You we're almost killed." The man kept going. "Daryl was captured. And you and Maggie were almost executed."

"You cant stop me." Glenn warned, stepping up to the other man. He still held his ground.

"Rick would never allow this."

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice? He's been hallucinating!"

"We don't know that."

"Yes we do." Rio argued.

The man ignored him. "Just think this through clearly. T-Dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth anymore killing." Hershel sighed Glenn went to speak up but he continued. "What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now."

"And go where?" Rio asked. Maggie shot him a look from where she stood, looking disappointed by his arguing. The boy dropped his head.

"We lived on the road all winter."

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours. And the people you just listed, they were there too. T-Dog, Lori, Daryl."