8: Late for the meeting.

~Nicholas's POV:~

It was odd—the apartment I was in was Gemma's and the music playing was my own. I sat on her sofa, which wasn't unfolded into the bed, my skinny jeans hugged my legs as I sat on the couch, my arm draped over the back as my hair fell around my shoulders. The feeling was calm, but where was Gemma? The moon casted a glow through the apartment window as the light from the table beside me was glowing a soft hue of light around the room. But I couldn't shake the feeling, where was Gemma?
Looking around the apartment, I noticed my gun I usually kept tucked into my jeans on the table, the clip was unloaded and the weapon apart as if I were to clean it. Fear of some sort struck through me as I got to my feet, looking around I didn't see any sign of forced entry. "Gemma?" I called out looking around.

Stepping into the hall, I was going to push her door open when I heard movement. "Gemma?" I called out once more, if I lost her I would never hear the end of it from Noah.

"Be right out Nicholas!" her voice called behind her bathroom door.

I didn't know why but I sighed out in relief making my way back to the sofa—heart being able to slow down from its rapid rate it was coursing. Sitting on the sofa, I heard the door to the bathroom open as Gemma stepped out, she wore that night shirt that went to her mid-thigh, I couldn't help but look before scanning the rest of her body. Stop I thought to myself, she is the daughter of the most powerful male in the jungle, and she was off limits—not to mention every time I was around her my blood boiled to a point I didn't know what to do, yet here she was in that shirt that suited her well, her black hair falling perfectly over her covered chest, I usually liked longer hair on people but her hair fell below her shoulder blades in a way that made her look like a goddess.
She stepped up between my legs, myself sat firmly on the sofa as I let her—I couldn't help it, she had me in this trance as her green eyes scanned over my body. "You can have me do what ever you please" she purred as she kneeled, her hand delicately on my chest as she sat down on my thigh. It was effort to not grab her hips to bring her closer, but I scanned her body once more, her green eyes soft like a forest I wanted to get lost in. Sitting myself straight up, I rested my chin on the top of her breasts as she looked down at me, a look that had me feeling a rush. "All you need to do is lean in" her words a whisper, and here I was leaning up wanting to feel what her lips felt like on my own, or how she tasted or what sounds I could get her to make, all these feelings--

Eyes shooting open as I laid in the bed that was made for me the other night, I looked up to see I was still in the apartment. The sun beamed through the curtains in the living room as I grabbed my phone, Gemma had given me her internet password the other night which is how I could get a hold of Noah—my messenger app ringing as I frowned at my phone, it was a dream" adjusting myself so I was sitting up a bit, my heart still raced at the thought of the dream I had. "Nicholas, what the fuck—where are you two?" Noah's voice was stern on the other end of the line.

"What? I just woke up it's only—" seeing the time on my phone I cursed, it was already eleven and we had to be there in half an hour. "Shit! I overslept; I am going to be there in a few minutes." Noah must have been annoyed enough to call me, if I didn't have service chances are he didn't have service either meaning he needed to step outside to make this call.

Jolly thought they had a blocker in the building somewhere, but we would never be able to find it without raising red flags. "Get Gemma and get down here." Noah said before hanging up the other end of the phone.

Cursing I ran a hand over my face before leaping out of the futon, grabbing my shirt from the other night, and sliding it over my head. I forgot to set an alarm, I hadn't fallen asleep until almost three in the morning, every sound outside the apartment had me reaching for my weapon beside me, one point even checking on Gemma who soundly slept.
But it was time to start our day and it wasn't going well already.