9: Rip out the wings of a butterfly

Authors Note: This is a long chapter for sure! I want to thank @Fevmotionless for helping come up with this idea for Helen, as this part will come in handy later on in the book—be sure to remember that

Authors Note: This is a long chapter for sure! I want to thank @Fevmotionless for helping come up with this idea for Helen, as this part will come in handy later on in the book—be sure to remember that. So sorry for the delay in this chapter, I hope you all enjoy it as it was fun for me to write as we are starting to get more into it. Of course, there is still lots more to come!
Also what Gemma wore tonight is the photo above!

~Helen's POV:~

It was later in the evening; the sunsets have been earlier and earlier as the colder weather approaches. My small little coffee shop had been booming with activity today it made my skin tingle with excitement at the fact it was a full moon tonight.
Noah was working late and had told me he would see me when he could, I was sure I would see him within the next two hours which gave me plenty of time to lock up shop and head down into my basement, I had a hidden room in the basement of my shop—an alter, the last few years when Noah would work late, I would learn more about the gods and goddesses—one in which I would be praying to tonight as the moon shone brightly through the small window I had in the room. It was a temple for me in a way, after the attack and after spending so much time in the darkness, I learnt to embrace the beauty of it.

Lighting the candles around the room as well as on the small alter, I began my worship to the goddess Hekate, the same goddess I learnt about that helped me find beauty once more. I had been doing this for about a year now, none of the guys knew about it and in a way it was thrilling having something to myself. Soft music played from the upstairs where I was cleaning earlier, soft music that reminded me of the darkness and how most would fear it—and at first, so was I but after learning to embrace it, I learnt that it was people who were truly the darkness we feared. Humming along to the soft melody, I closed my eyes as I rang my fingers gently over myself, unbuttoning my shirt to feel empowered.

Not realizing how lost in the trance I had become, as I listened to my body, to the melodies that flowed I hadn't realized how much time had passed.
But the energy tonight felt off, something was brewing as if a storm was about to crash over the ocean. Over the last two years I had been able to pick up on stuff like this, and most the time my judgment was correct.
Once more, being lost in the trance of the goddess I worshipped, I could feel all the past stress I had this week disappear as I felt powerful within myself—Noah always told me I was a goddess to him, and in a way after so long, I started believing him and silently loving when he would worship and praise me when it was just us.
"Helen?" a voice asked out, still lost in my trance I tiled my head back, feeling as if I was bathing in the moons glow. "Helen?" Eyes shooting open at the disturbance, I looked behind me as I was on my knees, Noah stood in the doorway—his brow furrowed in confusion at the sight of me. "I didn't think you prayed?" he questioned, I wasn't religious when we met, and I still don't believe in that—I stuck with the gods and goddesses I did know but you would never find me stepping foot into a church full of corruption.