Fell in a Concrete Jungle.

Authors Note: This chapter will bring Fell In A Concrete Jungle to a close, but don't you worry—it will have a sequel! Thank you for this journey, let's take it out with a bang.

~Gemma's POV:~

An hour on the dot, we all headed to the two cars parked outside ready to be used to head to my father's compound. Each car had a phone on so we could communicate. I sat in the back as Jolly drove, Nicholas in the passenger seat getting his gun ready in case anything happened.

It was my fathers' compound though; I had a doubt anything would go wrong. "How are we doing this?" asked Nick from the other vehicle as they followed us down the streets.

"It's a night my father usually is at the golf area—we should be cleared to get in, we go in, go to my apartment, and think of what to do there. The longer we are in the apartment the better" I said leaning forward from where I sat in the middle.

Nicholas glanced at me, "sounds like a solid plan now put your seatbelt on, princess" the tone he used was the tone he had from when we first met, the smirk appearing on my face had me raising a brow in challenge but ultimately I sat back in my seat buckling myself in to keep him from personally unbuckling himself to do it, because he would.

"Something feels off" Helen said on the other end, "in my gut I can feel it." Noah I imagined would be comforting her as much as he could.

"Full moon tonight" Jolly pointed out; the sun would set earlier in the days now as the colder weather settled on the jungle.

Thinking of that, I sat back looking at the moon—now having the same feeling as Helen, what if something were to go wrong?
Driving the rest of the way we all were quiet, as if that uneasy feeling settled on all of us. Nick in the other car would hum every now and then as if to keep himself busy.
When we arrived, we all got out of the cars, making sure my knives were hidden beneath my coat everyone gave me a nod before we headed inside. Sensing my unease, Nicholas brushed his hand over my ribs gently, the others not noticing this side of him towards me. "You okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah, I mean. . . I never thought this would be my life you know. Never thought I would be armed with the most dangerous group in this city who my father hired and—" I closed my mouth before I could admit more feelings towards him. "I just want to get it done with, the faster we get to look at those locks the faster we can go home" his eyes seemed to flare at the earlier discussion we had.

Noah stepped up, looking at me as if he himself were debating on turning back. "Are you ready?" he asked looking down at me.

Nodding my head, I led us into the gated area of the compound, getting to the guard that usually sits in a lobby of my apartment area, he looked up at me as his eyebrow raised. "All of them tonight? Did you get yourself into some trouble or something Gemma?" he seemed reluctant.

I smiled, the bright smile I used to be able to give my fathers workers easily, but now it felt like my face would rip when I did. "No, I thought since they were doing so well at taking care of me I would cook them some dinner, I mean it's fair I feed them isn't it?" I arched a brow in question.

He knew better then to doubt me. Waving us along, I hurried my way down the hall with them all following, stopping them they all halted as I looked at the door that was halfway down the hall on the other end. "That door right there, that is my mother's office" I whispered, hauling my apartment door open.

Closing the door behind ourselves, the others took a step in where Nicholas knew this apartment well and instantly moved to the sofa he would sleep on, taking a seat leaning himself back. "This is your apartment?" asked Jolly admiring the artwork that hung on the walls.

"Yes, my mother designed it before she had me. My father agreed to it apparently when I was a baby, at first we had my mother's parents stay here for a while but then they went home. Growing up we used this during the week for school meals, even my cooking classes and majority of my studies were in the office I just pointed out" they all nodded before getting comfortable.

Not lying fully to the guard, I did cook them dinner—making a dish my mother would make when I hard a hard day, a comforting meal that brought peace when needed. Handing each of them a plate, they took a seat at the table. "Wow, you can cook" joked Nick.

"Only that dish, it was the only thing I cared about learning from my mother" besides this one dish I mainly avoided cooking especially since most the time I would be eating at a fancy restaurant because of my father.

Finishing my food, I didn't eat as much as the others who all knew their drill, they been through this stress before and part of me admired them for it. "Okay, shall we check that lock?" Nick asked, he would be the one to check the lock with me as Jolly tried getting updated map of this place.

Nodding my head, I opened the door seeing if the guard was there. He was, grabbing a container that held more of the dish in it. I looked at Nick who gave me a thumbs up telling me he was good. Scurrying down the hall with a smile, the outfit I wore was leggings that were easy to move in as well as a black long-sleeved V-neck, this was the only time I would use my body to get attention away from the others. Blocking the view of the hall, the guard—Pat smiled up at me not before looking at the chest part of me. "I brought you some food, I thought since you are going to be here a while you might enjoy this" leaning forward so my chest squeezed I could see Pat gulp as if restraining himself in a way.
Letting out a sigh as I pouted, his eyes looked at me "I don't think they enjoyed it as much" that was a lie, those men couldn't stop practically moaning, earning looks from both Helen and me in question. "So I wanted to bring my favourite guy a plate" this only needed to go on until Nick was done.

"Oh, well they're stupid for not liking it" taking the container, he popped the lid open before taking a small mouthful, leaning back in his chair—eyes never leaving mine, "you are going to make one man very lucky one day, Gemma" he chuckled.

Skin threatening to crawl, I forced the smile back on my face once more. "I just wanted to make you happy tonight" glancing back to Nick, he headed for my door waving for me to come back. "As much as I want to stay and chat with you all night, it would be rude to leave my guests for long" chewing my lip for show I took a step back, "see you later Pat" and just like that I swallowed my feeling of disgust knowing his eyes were watching me as I walked away.

Sliding myself in the apartment I closed the door letting out a sigh of relief as my head rested against the door. "You okay?" Helen asked stepping up to me, her hair tied in a neat bun.

Nodding I smiled at my best friend. "Yeah, just my father doesn't care who his men are as long as they do the job—most of them can't keep their eyes off me so it's never fun talking to them" she seemed to understand.
Folio was sat at the table as the others were with him, "what did you find Folio?" I asked coming up behind him peering over his shoulder.

"Nothing, your mothers lock isn't on this side of the door—so, she must have another way into that office only she knew about, the key I think was a card she used or something because that lock is not a normal key lock" he sat back rubbing his hands over his face, "also that flirting Gemma, oh my god I swear you nearly made the guy cream his pants right then and there" he chuckled as the others looking at me, "she is a little flirt, that voice man I was struggling to stay focused!" knowing he was joking made it easy but I could feel Nicholas looking at me from the other side of the table.

"Back on track Nicky-boy" patting his shoulder I looked around my apartment. "She never carried a key with her as far as I remember, and I don't remember that office ever having another exit?" thinking of when my mother would teach me I furrowed my brows remembering a small detail.

"What do you remember?" Nicholas asked stepping up to me.

Ignoring him, I went to my walls and removed the paintings as I began tapping on the walls hearing if any where hollowed out in placed. "My mother when I was a kid she once slammed her full body weight into a bookshelf when I was a kid—at first I thought it was because I grabbed a book and it was going to fall on me" hearing the follow part of the wall my eyes widened as I began sliding my hand over it, there had to be something. Peeling back part of the paint that was chipping, my eyes widened when I saw a little lock in the shape of a moon. "Nicholas, go to my room and grab the small box on my dresser" he didn't hesitate to, bringing me the box I needed I rummaged through it finding the small moon necklace my mother had gifted me on my twentieth birthday.
Sliding it into the lock, I heard a click before the wall groaned swinging open. "Holy shit."

"Holy shit" the others murmured after me as we investigated the room that spent years vacant.

Stepping inside, I flinched when the power came on. "You had the key for this lock the whole time" Noah said looking at the necklace I held firmly in my hand.