13: I miss you when-

Authors note: Outfit and makeup for Gemma in photo above

~Gemma's POV:~

"You weren't kidding when you said that dress washes out your skin tone" Nicholas said as he stepped up beside me in the mirror.

The peach dress looked more like a summer dress, which with the cold weather barging in on this city it was safe to say it was not. "I hate it, god this is disgusting" I mumbled as I finished applying a nude-colored lipstick. "All these years they dressed me daily, and now that I had a chance to dress myself and find comfort, I hate this so much" groaning as I fixed my hair a bit.
I wore the peach colored dress Leanna had requested I wore since I would be standing at the front with my father—the makeup she requested was a decent color that didn't drown out the green in my eyes but it wasn't the best for me and the hair was loosely around my shoulders as a peach colored ribbon tied some back. I looked like I should be going to a picnic, not a wedding.

Nicholas stood close by behind me as he lifted his sleeves up to his elbows. He wore a dress shirt tucked into dark jeans once more as well as a tie that matched the color of my dress, Leanna also chose the ties for the Omens group since they were required to be part of the security team. "All you need to do tonight is smile and nod, can you do that?" Nicholas sounded stressed—the guys have been overworked this week and Nick seemed to take the harder end of it, the bags under his eyes were there and I don't think I'd seen him sleep more then maybe a handful of hours at a time, even then it wasn't a full sleep for him.

Grabbing the small peach cardigan to leave in the venue, I rolled my eyes at him—the cardigan of course matched my dress and even then the material felt thin I wasn't even sure it would keep me warm in the slightest and it was a cropped one, so it only went to just above my waist in length. "Don't worry, I'll be a good girl" his eyes snapped to me.

"Gemma, I'm being serious" his voice was still stern.

Waving him off, I made my way out of the room we were getting ready in. The venue was massive, colorful with flowers all around and people bustling to make sure the last-minute details were ready. "Gemma, Leanna want's you" my fathers men stood close by as they watched Nick behind me.

Knowing they would refuse him to follow, I looked back up at him. "I'll meet you after the vows are exchanged," his brow cocked up a bit, "I'll be good" I said before turning and following one of them up the staircase to where she would be getting ready.

Upon opening the door, I saw she stood in the middle of the room—a man zipping her up. Her hair had grown out a bit since the last few weeks and now was in the middle of her shoulders. It was braided with white flowers through out it. She looked like she was wearing a million dollars—literally. "Gemma good, you got the dress!" she smiled as she waved off the workers in the room. Her dress was tight fitted, showing off every single curve—she wasn't shy to show off her skin as her shoulders were exposed and she had a sweet-heart neckline dress. My father often loved that about women, but when it came to me I needed to hide as much skin as possible, it was shocking that I was requested to leave my cardigan off today as I wore a spaghetti strap dress. What she wore is also something my mother would never have worn, she preferred comfort over style, and I think now that I had that taste of freedom I understood why.

Closing the door behind myself, I stepped further into the room with my brows pinched together. "Was there doubt?" I questioned, looking at my nails I had freshly done, they were the same blue they had been for weeks—admitting to myself I was keeping them this style for my mother was harder, especially when it was her birthday today and instead of honoring her like I usually did I was stuck at this wedding that felt like would destroy me.

"Of course. . . I suppose your father told you not to make a scene, I reminded Nicholas and the group that if anything were to go wrong today they wouldn't be receiving their pay for this event and they'd be hearing an earful from your father" she smiled at herself in the mirror, making sure it wasn't bad or that anything wasn't in her teeth.

"I'll make sure to be on my best behavior, Nicholas reminded me earlier as well" I said trying not to show her my annoyance.

She smiled at me, "of course he did—god I knew he still had a thing for listening to me" I furrowed my brows some more. "Oh, he didn't tell you. Nicholas and I go way back, him and I used to have a thing for one another" my stomach plummeted hearing those words come out of her as her thumb grazed her bottom lip as if wiping away any remaining kiss from him. "What's wrong Gemma, looking a little pale there?" her tone was like a viper, and she knew she hit her mark.