25: A mission.

Authors Note: We are coming up to the end of the first book! Only one or two more chapters left of Fell in a concrete jungle before the sequel, who is excited?

~Gemma's POV:~

Once more I was at the Omens compound training as much as I could since I missed the week of it. I didn't have the room to train in my apartment or the right motivation either. I slammed my fist into the punching gloves Nicholas held, he wore his sweatpants and tank top shirt as rain pelted beside us—we were under a veranda near the range they had.
Not like rain stopped me before.
Since the kiss we both didn't bring it back up, the urge to kiss him more was still there but as he said, one thing at a time. "One week away and you still have everything perfect" he said as his hand slammed away from him.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed my hair out of my face. "Suppose it's thanks to the teacher I had."

"Mhm, I bet he was amazing."

"Sure, if you call it that" his face seemed shocked at my joke as I let out a laugh, it seemed to surprise him more. "What, why are you looking at me like that?"

He shook his head, removing the sparring gloves from himself. "Nothing. . . I just, I never thought I'd hear that laugh again, you have your mothers laugh and I suppose it caught me off guard" he said softly tossing the gloves aside.

I missed my mom. I only had lost her, but Nicholas had lost his entire family and yet he never showed his emotions for it. The last person to see him with those feelings were my mother the night of her death. "I miss her a lot. . . Do you miss your family?" I asked taking a seat on the steps, the front of my legs getting soaked by the rain, but I didn't care about it.

Feeling his warmth close to me as he stood looking out at the yard, Nicholas let out a sigh. "Everyday, I just—I suppose since it's been so long I learnt to live with it, it's hard on their birthdays or even mine in a way. My mom used to bake me birthday cupcakes, I'd get three each birthday one for breakfast, one for lunch and one at dinner and after that she'd bring out the cake she made and even though she wasn't the best at decorating each year it got more and more meaningful and exciting.
"My siblings and I loved it—you're allowed to miss them Gemma, don't ever stop missing them because it makes you human, keeps you grounded in a way, and you're allowed to mourn whenever you need but you also know they'd want you to keep going." He leaned down, so he was resting on his feet.

"My mom for my twentieth birthday, we went to where my father wanted to go—I remember she was late and I was annoyed, but now I know why she was late and the guilt of that feeling wants to eat me alive." He watched as I turned to him, "I wish she told me; I would have helped her—my whole life I was never close with my father and she knew that, but it hurts to know she didn't trust me to help."

His hand rested on my shoulder, "she did trust you—it was us that were worried, and she didn't want to put you in danger because that is exactly what will happen by helping us, you will be in danger."

"Then I suppose it's a good thing I am a dangerous women now" I stood, rain drenching me as we made our way back inside.
After a warm shower, and fresh clothes I made my way to the main room where the others stood. "What are we doing?" I asked coming up behind Jolly seeing a layout of my father's compound.

"We are doing nothing of your concern princess" he smiled up at me.

"Mhm, looks like my fathers' compound, are you looking for something my mother possibly hid?" all of them besides Nicholas looked up at me, stunned expressions.

"I told her—" all their heads snapped to Nick's direction, "she needed to know—it is what Luna would have wanted, and as much as I hate him—Aarron was right, we could use her, so she knows" my heart wanted to burst with how confidently he said that.

Noah cleared his throat, Helen had a grin as she sat beside her future husband—before Noah could protest, Helen spoke. "Welcome to the Omens family, Gemma" she smiled leaning back.

Matching her grin, I slid myself down on Jolly's lap who raised his hands unsure what do to. "Now, Jolly since you are looking at these, so am I" Nicholas's jaw flexed as he took a seat not far from us, was he jealous that I was on Jolly's lap and not his?
Scrolling through the prints, my brows furrowed. "My mother's office isn't here" I pointed at the screen, it was her office before she had me.

This got Noah's attention, "what do you mean?" he said as he stepped to see the screen better.

"Growing up, the apartment I have always been in has always been mine, my parents built it for me—my mother and I went to it every day when I was in school being taught by her for lunch, but her office isn't far from my apartment, and her office isn't small either" my mother had a huge office that was mainly filled with old books and family photo's.

"What happened to it since she died?"

"Nothing, my father can't seem to break into it and no one knew where the key was—since she died the room has been sitting there locked" my eyes looked at them, "please did my mother never tell you about this office?" I asked.

They shook their heads. "Your mother never did no, but thinking about it, I think it's because she knew us, and knowing how close that office is to you would have put you in danger" said Jolly as he sat back, his stomach first against my back.

Nicholas shifted in his seat which showed me he was jealous of Jolly, no one knew about the kiss or what he and I did, Helen only saw us almost kiss and since then she has no idea what had transpired between us. "We can go to it, my father can't say anything if you guys come to my apartment, I can make an excuse of you are being treated to dinner." Would my father truly care if they were there?

Standing, I looked at all of them. "I can show you where the room is, and if we can look at the lock then that would help us a lot, but I promise you—that print you have isn't right and that office you are looking at has been turned into my father's watch collection, so unless you want to waste your time on finding what ever it is you need, I suggest we go with my plan."

"Okay, we go with your plan—everyone get ready, we meet outside in an hour."

Rushing to Nicholas's room, I slid my belt I hid under my jacket on supplying it with knives they had gifted me, hopefully we never need to use them but at this point, with this mission I didn't want to risk anything.
Nicholas slid his door closed, locking it behind me as I turned getting ready to tie my hair up in a messy bun— "are you okay?"

Not even a word between us, he stepped forward crashing our lips together as his hands slid through my hair I was trying to tie up, dropping the hair tie on the ground my body reacted to the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
His hands were roaming my body, causing heat between my legs I didn't want to put out just yet but same time I wanted him to douse me in pleasure. Sliding my jacket off, and the belt of knives I had just done up, he pushed me against his computer desk—the pile of drawings he had going scattering to the floor as he wrapped my legs around his waist.
Gods, I could feel him through his jeans, and I wanted him more then anything now, his hands roamed my body as his mouth worked with mine, our tongues dancing as I let out a moan into him as his hips grinded into mine—the clothes needed to come off. "Nicholas, oh—" my thought was swayed as his lips found the sweet spot on my neck, "I-I want you to take my virginity." He halted, every move was frozen as he slowly looked at me, "right now. . . I want, I want you" my breathing was still ragged from the kiss we had just shared.

His blue eyes looked electric, as he was fighting every urge in himself—and I didn't know why, "not right now" he said pulling away from me leaving the cool air between us to feel like too much on my skin.

My brows pinched together, "but you said it was my choice?"

"It is, but not right now—Nyx, we are about to go on a mission and if you do want me to be the one to do that with you, I want more then forty minutes with you and you'll be too sore and fucked out to do anything afterwards" my cheeks burned at the thought of it. He stepped forward brushing his thumb over my bottom lip, "but think about it and make sure it is what you want and if it is then we can talk after this mission is done." He said before turning and leaving the room.

It took me a bit longer this time to get my knives back on as my hands trembled with the anticipation, not from the mission, but the thought of what comes after.
I wanted him, every way possible. I want Nicholas.