20: S.T.O.R.M (TW INCLUDED)

Trigger warning: This chapter will contain assault; all readers discretion has been advised.

Authors note: Photo of what Gemma is wearing is above. Happy reading friends! We are almost to the halfway point of this story.

~Gemma's POV:~

"What the fuck did you just do" Jolly asked, stepping forward after putting the safety back on his weapon.

My head spun from the adrenaline that was coursing through my veins, Nicholas stepping forward grabbing my chin with his fingers, forcing me to look into those blazing blue eyes, in the second of seeing his eyes I noticed the specks of green in there, but regardless his eyes were cold as a storm brewed within him. "What the fuck did you just do, Gemma, what the fuck are you doing here?" he growled my chin still in his hands.

"I wanted to help, I heard the siren and I panicked" not even looking at Noah, I knew what he was thinking. "I locked your wife in the basement of the coffee shop, she is safe. . . Can you let go of me?" I said not looking away from those storms filled eyes.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he pushed himself away from me. "You could have gotten yourself fucking killed Gemma, if you heard that siren it doesn't mean run the fucking streets, it means stay where the hell you are and fucking hide." Nicholas was angry and his voice was showing it.

"In all fairness, no one told her about the siren" Folio piped in, I looked at him with appreciation.

"Don't you dare defend her, Folio" Nick pointed at him.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Noah snapped, earning all of us to shut our mouths and look at him. "Right now, we are going to the coffee shop, getting my wife, and going home that isn't me just telling you as a friend, that is me ordering it. Gemma sealed her deal with Aaron, and it isn't something we can just take back because we don't want her to do it, he will kill her if he doesn't get his end of the deal and we all know it." The word hit me like a train, he'd kill me.

Following them down the streets, we had a siren blaring that it was safe for the people to come out now, following them into the shop as shutters rose from Noah's app on his phone. He heard banging on the other end of the door as he pushed the chair away, sliding the lock to open and swinging the door open for Helen who stood there, panting for a few moments. Her eyes looked at Noah, before they saw me—I was expecting her to start screaming at me almost like Nicholas had, but it never came. Helen barrelled into me, hugging me so tight I was stunned for a moment before hugging her back. "Don't ever scare me like that again, do you understand me?" she said pulling away from the hug, tears in my eyes I could only nod my head. Her eyes caught glimpse of the blood on my white shirt, "let's get you cleaned up" she sat me down at the table as she got to work, the cut wasn't deep enough to need stitches thankfully but we did wrap it so nothing would get into the wound.