17: Let me help you.

Authors note: I am sorry if this isn't the best chapter. My mind has been in a brain-fog, but despite it I really wanted to write, even if it is a shorter filler chapter.

~Gemma's POV:~

Day in.
Day out.
I was up early in the morning, almost before the sunrise—like how I was at my father's compound, I would dress myself in athletic workout clothing I had chosen for myself before picking at my breakfast.
No one noticed, no one noticed how tired I was or how I could hardly eat and part of me was thankful for that, the times I did manage to eat more then one or two bites I'd be hiding in the bathroom puking it back up before continuing my day. Kane haunted me, he haunted my emotions that were never settled, he haunted me through the day in the memories and when I would fall asleep for the short amount of time, he would haunt me there too in dream's I felt like I was drowning in.

"Nyx, you almost ready?" Nicholas asked from the doorway, the others were all out for the day doing their own jobs, Helen had to be at the shop to train Luke on how to handle the prep in the mornings, even the baking aspect of it and from Helen has been saying, he is a fast learner, and she was sure she wouldn't need to train him too much on it.

Nodding my head, I rose from the table watching as he exited before I did. Putting my breakfast in the trash and my plate in the dishwasher, I headed towards the training matt her had outside, both of us working on our warmup routines together, he would walk me through it day by day. "Okay, what is today's lesson?" I asked as I put my hair up in a ponytail to remain out of my face. I learnt the hard way that hair being in the way could cause a distraction, and Nick also explained to me that you weren't going to always have time to tie your hair up, so it was something I also eventually needed to get used to.

He had his hair in a messy bun on top of his head like he usually did. He wore sweats and a muscle shirt like usual. "Basics still, you are getting the hand of it quick and when you know that we will be moving on to fighting with weapons" he smirked as he lifted his hands.

Basic training had been going on for roughly a week now, he was impressed how quickly I learnt and even though I took him down on the first day last time, it was near impossible to do now. Helen of course had the chance to redeem herself and Nick's ass was surely whooped that day, as well as mine.
Movement felt like a blur, my whole body feeling as if it was floating in a way—the dizziness would come and go from my stomach not being able to hold anything down, but I would push through, I needed to push through. Training was the one escape I could use for now and within that two-hour lesson I could just let go of everything before needing to return to it.
Gritting my teeth as sweat slid down my back, Nick furrowed his brows. "You need to focus, Gemma, come on" he said but his voice felt distant to me as my heart quickened.

What was happening to me?
Feeling the wave of dizziness slam into me again, I couldn't help but lean into it as my body went tumbling to the ground, Nick's voice sounding distant as he hollered my name out to me.
I only let darkness consume me, feeling the coolness of it relaxing my muscles as Nick shook me, calling my name.

~Nicholas's POV: ~

She tumbled to the ground. Cursing, I bolted to her as I lifted her head in my lap. "Gemma! Gemma?" I shook her gently. Her whole body was coated in sweat and her lips looked dry. "Nyx, wake the fuck up—that's an order" I said shaking her slightly more.

Hearing her groan, I let out a sigh of relief as those green eyes fluttered opened, they looked dimmed, not her usual bright-eyed self. "What. . . What happened?" she groaned trying to sit up, only I could see how dizzy she truly was.

Easing her into my chest, she leaned on me. "You just passed out. . . Were you not feeling good?" if she wasn't feeling good I wouldn't have pushed her this hard.

Gemma shook her head, closing her eyes as she let out a sigh. Scooping her up, I headed back into the warmth of the compound. When we got inside I took her to a study we used, placing her on the long lounge chair, she was out of it and as she curled up on the chair, she closed her eyes saying she just needed a minute before she would be good to go again.
Todays lesson would be cancelled.

Sending a text to Jolly, he didn't take long before rushing home. He was the most medically trained one of us all, he took a few years in hospitality, and he could draw someone's blood or even place an IV in one of us—it came in handy since all of us were stubborn. "Where is she?" he asked walking in, his jean jacket not even coming off.

"She is in the study; I don't know what is wrong with her. . . We were training and then she just passed out" I said leading him to the room.

Jolly wasted no time as he began checking her vitals, even managing to draw blood from her. How she didn't flinch or complain about it was beyond me, she was resting which was good but the fact she didn't budge had me concerned.
Following him down to what we considered a clinic, he began getting to work as I stood there helpless.
Unsure how much time passed, he got himself up grabbing and IV bag and turning to me. "Princess is dehydrated, maybe even a little malnourished, when was the last time she actually ate anything?" he questioned grabbing what he needed for the IV.

Thinking, I couldn't remember when the last time she ate more then one or two bites was. . . Before Kane surely. "I- I don't think she has had anything really since Kane, when we went out for lunch that first day of training, she gave her lunch to Luke." I cursed into the air between Jolly and myself, "Fuck, she hasn't been eating—that is part of the reason why she passed out today" Jolly nodded as I followed him back up the stairs.