19: Danger at The Grey.

Authors note: I am on a roll for writing, so I am sorry for the spam of chapters!

~Gemma's POV:~

Luke had a day off at the shop which brought me in this morning to help Helen, both of us exhausted for different reasons, but neither of us complaining as we got to work on making sure her shop was going to be well ready for when opening time came. "So, you and Noah have been busy" I said yawning into my hand before pulling out the baking book I needed to get to work.

Helen's cheeks bloomed a shade of pink as she tied her hair up into a bun above her head. "He gets like that sometimes, where you are so in love you physically can't keep your hands off one another, and with the stress of their jobs I suppose I don't mind it at all, it reminds me that him and I are still alive, and we will be married one day" she beamed at the thought of her, and Noah being married.

"That is one wedding I won't be missing" I joked, not knowing if I would still even be a part of this little family when all of this— what ever this was, was over and done with.

She smirked as she pulled out some baking ingredients. "You are going to be my maid of honour, actually" my head whipped towards her so fast I needed to hold onto the counter for support or else I thought I'd be crashing to the ground. "I love the guys with my whole heart, but getting to know you, it feels like I have a sister finally. . . I always wanted siblings growing up, but I was an only child so in a way I consider you my sister" said Helen.

My heart soared at those words. "I consider you one as well, my mother would have loved you" it was the truth—Helen was a gentle soul, she always wanted to help others and I knew that was something my own mother would adore about her. "Who is Noah's best man? Did they all fight for the spot?" I joked.

"Nicholas is, Noah and Nicholas have always been together for as long as I could remember—you couldn't have one without the other, so it seemed like a perfect fit that Nicholas was Noah's best man, which means you will be walking down the aisle together, whenever that is" she sighed out, "I love his job and that man but some day's it drives me mad knowing I need to be patient."

"Why aren't you just getting married?"

She let out a sigh, as if the story was long and she didn't have the mental capacity for it. "If he marries me now, while all of this is happening it will paint a larger target on my back, where if we wait—it won't be as dangerous, Noah has a lot of people mad at him and they won't hesitate to go for what he cares about most, which is his family." The thought sent a chill down my spine, their jobs being so dangerous they almost couldn't live free lives.

Glancing at the clock, it was almost nine in the morning, and Helen tended to open around ten as we worked hard. Both of us giggling and joking about how the guys are probably exhausted, all of them were awake before dawn—Nicholas waking me up to let me know training today was going to be cancelled and to get some rest. It was somewhat disheartening but at the same time, I was relieved as the fear of trying to use a gun would creep in on me when I least expected it.
The comfortable silence we were sharing was quickly interrupted as a siren began blaring. Helen dropped the pan she was working on as she gasped, "what is that?" I never heard this siren before.
She rushed to turn the lights off in the building as she slammed her hand on a button that brought shutters down in front of the doors, the windows locking. "Helen?" I asked feeling my nerves becoming overwhelmed.

She swung the basement door open, ushering me towards it. "We need to get downstairs right now, come on!" she gestured.

Stepping closer, I looked around. "What about the guys? Helen, what is happening?" I snapped out of my worry for myself that now turned into worry for them.

"The Grey is under attack, that siren is the guys—only this end of the Concrete jungle will hear the siren, it's too far from the main city, Gemma come on!" The Grey was under attack?

Heart racing, I looked at Helen as I made show to follow her into the basement, when she reached the bottom of the steps safely she looked up at me, her eyes widening when she saw me retreating the few steps. "I'm sorry" I said as I stepped out of the basement, hearing her barreling up the stairs screaming my name out to me, locking the basement door. I slid a chair underneath the handle to jam it. Part of me questioned why there was a lock on the outside of the basement but at the same time, I didn't wan to question it since I knew this was a hotspot Noah was at, it most likely was put there from him.

"Gemma, Gemma opens the door!" she banged her fists on the other side, "Gemma, it's too dangerous, you need to open the door right now!" her voice sounded scared, and it broke my heart.

Looking around, I knew there was no way I was getting out the front doors easily. Looking around, I spotted the window above the sink, surely it would have to break. Not wasting my time, I grabbed the rolling pin and began hitting the window, grunting as I watched it shatter after a few hits—Helen still yelling for me to open the door for her. Climbing onto the counter, I cursed as I sliced my arm on a shard of glass, none of it mattered right now though, not as the blood soaked through my white shirt, not as I hit the ground cursing at the few feet I dropped and now when I stood up listening to the siren going silent—did that mean the attack was done?
Getting out onto the streets, I looked around to see no one was even out of their homes or shops—all the shops were like Helen's, bars on windows and even shutters on the doors. The silence brought a new fear to me as I turned in the direction of The Grey and ran, I knew where it was from them speaking about it enough times but never have I ever been inside.

Two blocks, for two blocks I never stopped running, not even when I thought I heard a noise or a gunfire—I kept running, faster as my lungs threatened to cave in on themselves or set themselves ablaze within my chest.
Skidding to a stop as the entrance neared, I took a few deep breaths as I examined the area, there were no guys watching outside.

Making my way inside, I could hear music play on the overhead speakers, and part of me noted how the voice singing sounded oddly like Noah—not now I thought to myself as I walked down the halls, it was a well lit exhibition. Entering a hall, I entered a room that had multiple exits almost within a circle, as if this was the heart of the building. In the middle my heart stopped when I saw all the guys pointing guns at people who wore S.T.O.R.M on their logo's. Feeling my heartbeat faster as I sprinted to them, sliding myself into the middle of their weapons aimed at one another. There was about five feet on either side of me from either group. Nicholas saw me, eyes widening. "Gemma, what the fuck—get the fuck behind me right now" his voice had no time to not be cold as I looked at the Storm leader, it was the same one from the bar that night—the one who bought me that drink.

"Stop, what ever you want—money I will pay you it, just stop" the voice that came out of me was almost desperate as I held my hands between the two parties.

The smile on his face went feral, so much like Kane's that night I couldn't help but shudder. "Don't even think about harming her, Aaron." Noah's voice was lethally calm, I never heard him with such a tone.

"I don't want your money, princess" Aaron's voice rang out, it was deep which startled me in a way I didn't know possible.

Furrowing my brows, I took a deep breath. "Then what do you want? How will I get you to stand down" I asked, willing to try anything, if there were no more guns used today.

Aaron stepped forward, which had Nicholas also taking a step forward, all their men shouting at one another before I looked at Aaron who raised his hand, silencing his men. Don't be scared. I thought to myself as I watched him exam my arm before the rest of my body. I wore a white shirt that now was soaked in blood from cutting my arm, and I wore skinny jeans that showed off my legs well enough as well as my hips, which had his eyes lighting up at the sight of. "One night with you, princess. . . What do people call it these days, a date?"

"Not a fucking—"

I cut Nicholas off. "Fine" they all looked at me, my black hair hung loosely around my face. "Fine, I'll do it, but I get to pick the location."

"Fine, only if you wear less clothing then what you have on currently. And no men of yours can join, say the place and I will make sure it is just us" I straightened, eyes never leaving his cold stare. "Do we have a deal?" he said, brow raising in the process.

"Yes, we have a deal" I said, he extended his hand out to me which I took in my own hand thinking he was going to shake it, he brought it to his lips as he pressed a firm kiss to the back of my hand. "Tonight, at the restaurant you bought me a drink from, if they can't come, then they can't either" I said sternly.

Aaron's grin bit back at me. "Seven this evening, I look forward to it just being us." I wasn't looking forward to it.

Watching as Aaron and his men cleaned out of the building, I let go of the breath I was holding before looking at the guys—Nicholas had a storm in his eyes, as well as the others. "What the fuck did you just do"