VIIII

Chapter 9: Frosty Full Moon
ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ
Thunder rumbled ominously in the inky blackness of the night, a sound that seemed to reverberate through the very depths of Minji's soul. She instinctively flinched, the suddenness of the noise sending shivers down her spine, a primal fear that she couldn't quite suppress.

And then, in the blink of an eye, Haerin materialized beside her in the dimly lit bedroom, moving with a swiftness that defied the laws of nature. Her presence was ethereal and commanding, like a shadow cast by the moon itself. Minji's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, a mixture of awe and trepidation washing over her.

As Haerin's gaze fixed upon Minji, her eyes took on an otherworldly quality. They were dark pools of desire, tinged with an insatiable hunger that betrayed her true nature as a vampire. Minji swallowed hard, acutely aware of the intensity in Haerin's gaze, her own vulnerability exposed like an open wound.

Terrified and yet unable to tear her eyes away from the looming danger, Minji kept her gaze fixed straight ahead, her focus drawn to the room's only exit, the door that offered a tenuous escape from the seductive danger that was Haerin.

"Scared of thunder?" Haerin's voice whispered silkily, a sultry purr that sent shivers cascading down Minji's spine. It was so close, Haerin's words brushing against her ear like a forbidden caress. The proximity of Haerin's voice made Minji's heart race uncontrollably, each beat echoing like a drum in the silence of the room, a rhythm that seemed to beckon Haerin even closer, despite the fear that coursed through Minji's veins.

In that haunting moment, Minji found herself trapped between the primal fear of the storm outside and the irresistible allure of the vampire by her side. It was a delicate dance of terror and desire, a surreal encounter that would forever linger in the depths of Minji's memory, a night when the boundaries between the mortal world and the supernatural were blurred beyond recognition.

"Scared of you," Minji whispered shakily, her voice quivering in the dimly lit room. Haerin's lips curled into a predatory smile, her porcelain skin radiating an otherworldly allure as her smooth, obsidian hair cascaded like a silk waterfall, delicately brushing against Minji's neck like a teasing caress.

Haerin's smile revealed her gleaming, pearl-white fangs, a stark contrast to the darkness that enveloped them. Her eyes, deep pools of crimson and desire, locked onto Minji's trembling form. It was a look that sent a shiver of both fear and fascination down Minji's spine, an undeniable acknowledgment of the forbidden allure that Haerin possessed.

In that moment, the room seemed to pulse with an unspoken tension, the air heavy with the anticipation of what was to come. The word "scared" hung in the air like a delicate thread, connecting them in a dance of attraction and danger, a dance that Minji couldn't escape, even if she wanted to.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Minji lay nestled in the warmth of her bed, the world outside a distant memory as she basked in the luxurious cocoon of her dreams. It was as if she were floating on clouds, cocooned in a blanket of serenity and comfort. Every movement, every sound, was softened to a gentle caress on her senses.

But then, the tiniest disturbance, a delicate tickling sensation on her eardrums, intruded upon her peaceful reverie. Her eyes snapped open, and the first thing that met her gaze was Haerin's face, an enigmatic visage that held an unwavering, unblinking focus on her.

Startled, Minji recoiled, her body instinctively moving backward on the bed, creating a small but palpable distance between herself and her mate. Her voice emerged hoarse, as though she had been jolted from a deep slumber into a bewildering reality. "W-what?" Minji stammered, her mind struggling to piece together the fragmented moments leading up to this unexpected awakening.