XXXI

Chapter 31: No Vampires Allowed
ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Returning to the school routine felt surprisingly effortless, as if slipping back into a familiar rhythm. A week had passed since the start of the new semester, and now, gathered in the chapel, it was time to confront the elephant in the room. The entire student body sat in hushed anticipation as the principals took the stage to deliver their address.

"As we move forward, we must address an important matter," Principal Johnson began, his voice echoing through the chapel. "In light of recent events and the role vampires played in the war, we must decide whether to accept them into our school community."

A murmur of conversation rippled through the crowd as students exchanged uncertain glances. Principal Anderson stepped forward, her expression solemn. "We understand the concerns and fears that some of you may have. However, we believe in giving everyone a chance to prove themselves."

Principal Johnson nodded, his gaze sweeping across the assembled students. "We will be creating a special committee to discuss and evaluate this matter. Your input and feedback will be invaluable as we make this decision together."

The room fell silent as the gravity of the situation settled over them. The fate of vampires in the school hung in the balance, and it was up to everyone to determine their place in the community. As Principal Johnson announced the decision, a hush fell over the chapel. Murmurs of disbelief and disappointment rippled through the gathered students. Minji exchanged a worried glance with her friends, sensing the tension in the air.

Of course, they said no.

"We understand that this may not be the outcome some of you were hoping for," Principal Anderson continued, her voice steady despite the unrest in the room. "However, we must prioritize the safety and well-being of all our students."

Haerin's jaw tightened, her eyes flashing with frustration as she glanced around the room. "This is ridiculous," she muttered under her breath, her voice barely audible over the whispers of the crowd.

Minji felt a pang of sympathy for the vampires among them, knowing that they would now face even greater scrutiny and discrimination. As the meeting concluded and students began to disperse, the weight of the decision hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the school community.

Minji locked eyes with Karina, sharing a silent exchange of disappointment and concern. They both knew the implications of the decision reached by the school authorities.

Returning her attention to the speech, Minji strained to focus on the words being spoken, but her mind was clouded with worry. She could feel the tension in the room, a palpable energy of uncertainty and unease.

"It's not fair," Minji whispered beside her, her voice tinged with frustration. "They can't just decide like that."

Karina nodded in agreement, her expression mirroring Minji's frustration. They both knew that the outcome would have far-reaching consequences for many students, especially those who were now faced with the prospect of being ostracized or excluded.

As the speeches concluded and the assembly began to disperse, Minji and Karina exchanged somber glances, silently bracing themselves for the challenges that lay ahead.

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Haerin paced anxiously, her words tumbling out in a rush. "They know, I can tell," she said, her voice tight with worry. Minji wanted to reassure her, but words failed her in the face of Haerin's distress.