XXXVII

Chapter 37: Cats Out Of The Bag
ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Hanni groaned dramatically, her head colliding with the table surface in a gesture of despair. "You'd think being half cat would help me with a hangover. This life is a scam," Hanni, nursing what felt like a monumental hangover, voiced her grievances with a dramatic thud of her head against the table.

Minji, on the other hand, maintained her composure as she calmly spooned cereal into her mouth, Minji flashed a sympathetic smile across the table as she munched on her cereal. "Well, the party was your idea," she reminded Hanni, casting a playful glance at her feline friend.

"Mornin'" Winter greeted casually as she took her seat, exuding her usual air of nonchalance. Karina, standing nervously beside her with a tray in hand, couldn't seem to tear her gaze away from the prefects' table. Sensing her unease, Danielle chimed in with words of reassurance. "Don't worry about them. They'll be kissing your feet when they realize you've saved their lives, twice," she assured Karina, who reluctantly took her seat.

In a sudden, almost imperceptible movement, Minji felt a cold hand slide onto her thigh, sending a shiver of excitement coursing through her body. She glanced sideways, knowing exactly who it was.

"What're you so happy for?" Yunjin teased, perching herself on the edge of the table.

Minji shrugged nonchalantly. "What? Can I not be happy?" she retorted, trying to play it cool.

"You look like you just won the lottery," Hyein remarked with a smirk, her keen eyes not missing a beat.

Hanni, still nursing her hangover, raised her head slightly to peer at Minji. "I know that look. That's the post-sex glow," she declared, furrowing her brow in curiosity.

Minji's eyes widened in surprise at the misinterpretation of Hanni's words. "You had sex!?" Hyein exclaimed,

Minji's attempt to play it cool was thwarted by Hanni's blunt observation, leaving her speechless and the rest of the table wide-eyed with shock. Caught off guard by the unexpected revelation, Karina nearly choked on her drink, her eyes darting between Minji and Haerin in disbelief. With a sheepish grin, Minji found herself at a loss for words, realizing that her secret was out in the open for all to see.

Minji glanced at Haerin, her thoughts transmitting silently. 'Should I tell them?' she asked, her voice low to avoid drawing attention.

Haerin, absorbed in her book, responded with a mental assurance. 'I don't see why not,' she replied, her words reaching Minji's mind with ease.

Taking a deep breath, Minji cleared her throat before addressing the group. "Well, not that it's any of your business, but yes, it happened during the party," she confessed, her cheeks flushing as she glanced down at her plate.

Danielle's exclamation of surprise filled the air. "No way, I should've known!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide with intrigue.

Hanni, ever direct, didn't hesitate to ask the next question. "How many rounds?" she inquired, earning a reproachful look from Minji. "Ew, Hanni, that's so insensitive—"

"Three," Haerin interjected, cutting Minji off with a smirk. Hanni erupted into cheers, while Hyein stared in disbelief. Yunjin, ever the considerate friend, covered her ears, though her eyes remained fixed on the conversation.

Hanni's comment about vampire stamina only served to deepen Minji's embarrassment. "That's the vampire stamina, I bet you could've done more" Haerin's smug expression didn't help either.

Haerin, sensing Minji's discomfort, offered a playful suggestion. "Would you like us to keep you informed when we do, Hanni?" she teased, eliciting a flustered response from Hanni. "Maybe—I mean, no, of course not! I respect your privacy," she stammered, blushing furiously.