XI

Chapter 1: Winter's Obsession
⛧°。⋆༺♱༻⋆。°⛧
I'll tell you something about Earth; it's nothing like how we were taught it was made out to be. Instead of being green, alive, free, and beautiful—a paradise we should envy—it's a world that's burning down. It's riddled with monsters, a society that's seriously messed up, and let's not even start on the questionable lunch options. I mean, it's not like I can't eat it, but do I want to? It's a puzzling choice for someone like me.

I don't understand how Haerin does it, surviving in this chaotic realm day after day. But then again, I do understand. There's this girl.

Karina, that's her name. She's like a beacon in this twisted world, a glimmer of light in the darkness. I can see why people are drawn to her, why she's willing to tread through the turmoil of Earth just to achieve her goals. Karina is a mystery in herself, a puzzle I'm eager to solve.

As I watch her from afar, I can't help but wonder about the pull of this world, the strange allure that keeps her here despite its flaws. It's a curiosity that nags at the edges of my mind, urging me to dig deeper into this complex web of emotions and desires. Earth might not be the paradise I expected, but it holds secrets worth uncovering, and She's is at the heart of it all.

The magic in this school is weak, a mere 10% of the population harboring simple powers like telekinesis and, well, let's say something equally unimpressive—like the ability to manipulate the color of their shoelaces. The uniform they make us wear is irritatingly itchy, and once again, I find myself silently respecting Haerin for her patience in dealing with this subpar fabric.

As I move through the hallways and the classrooms, I can feel the weight of curious and wary eyes upon me, especially from Minji. She regards me with a mix of curiosity and a touch of fear, a sentiment shared by most students in this school. Unlike Haerin, I don't bother to conceal the myriad abilities that come naturally to us as vampires. I effortlessly jump from one spot to another, have my pen write notes for me with a mere thought, and find amusement in tripping up unsuspecting students with the simple movement of a finger. There's no point in stressing over hiding your true self when you're surrounded by those who can't comprehend the full extent of your capabilities.

But despite my brazen display of power, there's one person who truly matters in this world—Karina, my mate. She's the one who deserves to know the real me, to witness the depths of my abilities, and to be captivated by the enigma that is Winter. In this convoluted realm, she is my focus, my anchor, and the one person who truly belongs to me.

Speak of the angel, she gracefully emerges from the prefects room, and I decide that this is my golden opportunity to engage with her for the very first time. She carries a scent that is nothing short of divine, and her aura exudes an undeniable allure. Her gaze meets mine, seemingly expectant, and I seize the moment to approach her.

With an air of confidence that borders on overconfidence, I regain my composure and extend my hand toward her, offering a charming smile. "Hello,"

As she extends her hand, our fingers meet in a brief yet charged connection. I can't resist the temptation to hold it just a tad longer than necessary before finally releasing it. Her expression shifts to one of puzzlement, and it only adds to her charm, making her appear all the more endearing.

"I happened to notice your beauty from across the hallway, and I simply couldn't resist the urge to introduce myself." I offer her a charismatic smile, my words dripping with charm.

She smirks in response, her gaze still fixed on me. "Karina," she introduces herself, though it's hardly necessary. Her smirk hints at a maturity that clashes with my demeanour.