XXV

Chapter 25: bound
ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

As Haerin closed the distance, the air seemed to hum with an otherworldly tension. Minji's heart quickened its beat, caught between the mystery of the house and the enigmatic allure of Haerin.

Haerin's hand gently grazed Minji's cheek, and a peculiar warmth radiated from her touch. "This place is ours now," Haerin whispered, her words carrying an air of possession that both intrigued and unsettled Minji. The room, with its old-world charm and Haerin's commanding presence, created an atmosphere laden with unspoken secrets.

As they stood there, the flickering shadows seemed to dance to a rhythm only they understood. Haerin's eyes locked onto Minji's, and the boundary between reality and the supernatural blurred in the dimly lit room.

As Haerin closed the distance, the air seemed to hum with an otherworldly tension. Minji's heart quickened its beat, caught between the mystery of the house and the enigmatic allure of Haerin.

Haerin's hand gently grazed Minji's cheek, and a peculiar warmth radiated from her touch. "This place is ours now," Haerin whispered, her words carrying an air of possession that both intrigued and unsettled Minji. The room, with its old-world charm and Haerin's commanding presence, created an atmosphere laden with unspoken secrets.

Haerin hesitated, her eyes searching Minji's for understanding. "It's complicated," she finally admitted, a shadow of vulnerability crossing her features. Minji's frustration lingered, but curiosity now mingled with it.

"Complicated? You've been keeping something this significant from me?" Minji's tone conveyed a mix of hurt and indignation. Haerin sighed, her gaze dropping for a moment before meeting Minji's eyes again.

"I didn't want it to change things between us," Haerin confessed, her voice carrying a weight of regret. "But you deserve to know."

Minji, torn between emotions, took a step back, processing the newfound revelation about the house and Haerin's connection to it. The air felt heavy with unspoken truths, leaving them both standing in the midst of a revelation that would reshape the dynamics of their relationship.

"Minji," Haerin's voice echoed through the room. Minji, engrossed in tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, barely acknowledged the first call. "Minji," Haerin repeated, this time with a tantalizing tone that coaxed Minji to look her way.

Haerin closed the distance and enveloped Minji in a gentle embrace. "I've existed for longer than your imagination can fathom. I've wandered through countless places, lived countless lives before this one," she revealed. Minji, captivated, studied Haerin's face intently.

"You lived here, in Forks?" I questioned, her gaze probing Haerin's eyes. Haerin responded with a wry smile. "Well, it wasn't called Forks back then, but yes, I used to reside in this place," she confirmed.

Perplexed, I asked, "Why didn't you tell me?" Haerin shrugged sheepishly. "You never asked," she admitted.I scoffed, the cold air in the room thickening with the weight of untold stories and hidden histories.

seemed to intensify. "That's not fair. You've been keeping secrets, Haerin. How am I supposed to trust you if you hide something this significant?" My voice carried a mix of frustration and hurt.

Haerin sighed, her expression softening. "I know it's a lot to take in. I wanted to protect you from the complexities of my past. But, Minji, I care about you more than anything."

I looked into Haerin's eyes, searching for sincerity. "I need honesty, Haerin. If we're going to navigate whatever this is between us."

Haerin nodded, understanding the gravity of the moment. "You deserve the truth, Minji. I'll answer any questions you have."