XIII

Chapter 13: I Don't Eat, I Don't sleep, What am I?
ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ
In the hushed stillness of the early morning, a dim light filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle, ethereal glow over the room. The atmosphere was laden with a sense of serenity and intimacy that enveloped Minji and Haerin.

Haerin, her long ebony hair cascading over the sheets, lay nestled under the warm covers with her head resting comfortably on Minji's chest. Her eyes, though closed, betrayed her wakefulness, the crimson hue of her irises muted in the soft light. Minji's fingers traced delicate patterns through Haerin's raven tresses, eliciting a soft sigh from her lips.

"Silky," Minji murmured under her breath, her voice barely a whisper, the word capturing the texture of Haerin's hair.

Haerin couldn't resist the temptation to peek, her sanguine eyes fluttering open as she gazed up at Minji's face. But her view was obstructed, and for a moment, she found herself torn between focusing on Minji's gaze and the captivating sensation pressing against her.

In a subtle shift, Haerin adjusted her position, her movement causing the bed to ripple slightly. Minji, ever perceptive, lowered her gaze, her eyes locking with Haerin's in a silent exchange. The intensity of the shared gaze spoke of unspoken truths and a burgeoning connection.

Haerin finally broke the silence, her voice a seductive whisper tinged with the allure of the night, "Why won't you sleep?" Her words hung in the air, a velvet caress on the stillness of the morning.

Minji's lips curled in a knowing smile, and she countered with a soft, breathy question, "Why won't you?"

Haerin's lips curled into a mesmerizing smile of her own, revealing just a hint of her sharp, pearly-white canines. They both acknowledged the unspoken understanding between them—the reasons they remained awake in the quiet predawn hours.

As Minji continued to run her fingers through Haerin's silky locks, she leaned back against the pillow, a contented sigh escaping her lips. Her chest rose and fell in a rhythm that seemed to synchronize with the languid pace of their conversation.

Haerin's eyes, crimson depths filled with unspoken desires, trailed over Minji's figure, lingering on the subtle curves accentuated by the gray V-cut vest she wore. Her tongue darted out to moisten her lips, a subtle display of longing that she couldn't quite conceal.

The room was enveloped in the soft, pre-dawn light filtering through the curtains, casting a gentle glow on Minji and Haerin. Their proximity felt both comforting and strangely intimate. Haerin's eyes lingered on Minji's lips for a moment, a subtle hint of hunger in her gaze.

Haerin's voice, still tinged with drowsiness, resonated like a whisper in the quiet room, "I don't sleep much, you know. It's not a vampire thing; it's more of a personal choice."

Minji's fingers continued their gentle exploration through Haerin's hair as she replied softly, "I figured as much. You always seem so alert, even in the dead of night."

Haerin shifted slightly, her head resting more comfortably on Minji's chest. She inhaled Minji's scent, a mixture of warmth and comfort. "I guess old habits die hard."

Minji's lips curved into a gentle smile. "You don't have to pretend around me, Haerin. I know you're not like other people, and I'm okay with that."

Haerin met Minji's gaze again, her eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions – vulnerability, longing, and a hint of sadness. "You have no idea how rare that is, Minji. Most people would run away from someone like me."

Minji's hand found Haerin's cheek, her thumb brushing softly against the cool skin. "Well, I'm not most people. Besides, I'm curious. I want to know the real you, Haerin."