10: Our Embrace

3rd person pov:

The night passes uneventful. As shoto sleeps during the day in his room. Bakugou watches over izuku with almost stalking amount of attention. Creeping izuku out to the point where he stays in his room. Only coming out for food or to use the restroom. It's only at dinner that bakugou takes his eyes off him for a moment. When he gets a text.

Shi<Count8ng down the days till your freedom. Only 26 left to go.>

Bakugou grits his teeth. That's when shoto comes down and gets the blood bag.

Baku:"I thought deku was the only one for you."

Sho:"He needs to keep his strength up, and so do I. So I'm giving him time to recover."
Shoto only drinks a few sips before revealing it and putting it back in the fridge.

Baku:"Shouldn't you drink it all then?"

Sho:"Only glutin indulge themselves like that. We don't need much to live on."

Bakugou is surprised to learn this. As every vampire he's ever known drinks up to three bags in one setting.

During dinner, izuku breaks the awkward silence.

Izu:"Kacchan, why have you been looking at me like a lost puppy all day? You haven't left my side. Even in the bathroom. You stood at the door, and when I sneezed. You barged in like I was under attack."

Shoto chuckles for only a moment. Causing bakugou to glare at him.

Baku:"It's complicated, but I'll try to shorten the story. In twenty-six days I'll be in pain, and my medication for handling it has been discontinued. So  I made a deal with someone to get some. It was only after making it that I saw their true colors begin to shine. So I'm on guard to protect you incase something should happen."

Izu:"I already know you're a werewolf kacchan. I've known since we were kids. So tell me the truth."

With a heavy sigh. Bakugou picks up his plate and stands up.

Baku:"Just forget it. Your shift starts now. I'm going to bed."

Bakugou drops off his plate and heads upstairs. Where he shuts his door. Bakugou mutters to himself.

Baku:"You don't believe me when I told you the truth."

Izu:"Do you know what's going on?"

Sho:"Even if I did. It's not my place to tell you. He'll open up. Just give him time."

Shoto picks up izuku's empty plate and takes it to the kitchen. When he returns to the dining room. Izuku isn't there.

Izuku is upstairs and knocks on Bakugou's door.

Izu:"Kacchan, I have to tell you something."

Izuku places a hand on the door and his forehead. With eyes closed, he takes a deep breath.

Izu:"In all those years apart. I never forgot your face. Even though you bullied me. You were my only true friend, or so I thought."

Bakugou has his back against the door. Those words made him curl up I'm a tighter ball. He feels his heart begin to break and chest ache. Bakugou grits his teeth trying to hold back tears.

Izu:"It was only when we reunited, that I know know that I feel something more."

Bakugou's head jolts up as he gasps.

Izu:"We aren't kids anymore. So let's move forward together. I'll be waiting for your hand."

Bakugou remembers izuku holding out his hand when Bakugou fell in a creek when they were kids, and the other children laughing. Only izuku was concerned for him.

As izuku walks away from the door. A hand reaches out and grabs izuku's hand.

Izuku turns around to see Bakugou with watery eyes and his angry expression falling apart into sadness.

Baku:"You damn foolish nerd."

He pulls izuku in close to hide his face in izuku's shoulder.

As bakugou begins to tremble. Izuku smiles softly and rubs his back while they embrace.

Shoto watches from a far gripping his chest. Yet through the pain he smiles.

Sho:^At least you're happy. Once this is resolved. I'll leave you in his hands.^

As shoto walks to his room. The smell of blood quickly passes by with a shadow. Only to vanish when shoto looks back.

Shoto sees izuku heading to his room. Leaving bakugou to sleep.

Sho:^Somethings wrong. Are we actually alone in the house, or is something hiding from us?^

That night, shoto watched over them both.